Solved

Best Gaming CPU for my Socket 775 Motherboard?

Better if its cheap
This are the only ones COMPATIBLE.

Socket type: 775
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:

Core 2 Duo (Conroe) up to E4300
Pentium D (Presler) up to 960 (3.6 GHz)
Pentium 4 (Cedar Mill) up to 661 (3.6 GHz)
Celeron D (Cedar Mill) up to 365 (3.6 GHz)
Celeron D (Prescott) up to 355 (3.33GHz)


Note the up to (CPU Name)
So it isn't limited to one.
No quad cores.

I'm hoping to get GTS 450 or GT 440,
Technically I don't have any graphics card, only integrated which sucks.
Minecraft, BF3,Sims 3, GTA IV, Tiberium Wars. . .
I also live in the Philippines.
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best gaming socket motherboard
  1. What chipset do you?
  2. Based on the information that you have posted so far I am going to guess that you have an 945 or 965 chipset based board. With are board based off from this chipset I would that you would be best servered with the Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 at 2.4GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 at 2.66GHz would be about the best you could get your hands on. But any of the Intel Core 2 Duo's with a 1066 FSB and 65nm (Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, E6400, E6600 and E6700) should work with the latest Bios from the motherboard/computer manufacturer.

    Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  3. Based on the list the E4300 would be the best CPU, However you should provide us with the motherboard's name and model number. Or the name and model number of your computer. For example, Dell XPS 410.
  4. @IntelEnthusiat: If is 965, E8x00 will work. That's why I've asked.
  5. That's right 945.
    This is my Desktop and Mobo.
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01298195&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=3644673&prodTypeId=12454

    In short I have a HP Pavilion a6340d Desktop, 945GCT-HM (Livermore8) MOBO,Intel Core 2 Duo E2160 1.8 ghz.

    I want to upgrade my mobo but I really want a reliable $50 one that supports first or second gen i3. I am going to put them together piece by piece one by one because I can't afford all of it right now.

    Also isn't E4300 1.8 ghz only?
  6. The best cpu you can have on this motherboard is C2D E6700 2.66Ghz. If you want to buy a new motherboard then you have to have a new cpu and ram too.
  7. hefox said:
    The best cpu you can have on this motherboard is C2D E6700 2.66Ghz. If you want to buy a new motherboard then you have to have a new cpu and ram too.


    Doesnt my motherboard support only up to E4300?

    If I buy a new mobo, I'm going to get a budget one that can support i5 first gen.
    But I am afraid I have OEM Windows 7 Home Premium so I have to delete all my files and get a new copy of 7.
  8. Asrock H61M-DGS H61 VSL? This is the cheapest around $56.
  9. hefox said:
    @IntelEnthusiat: If is 965, E8x00 will work. That's why I've asked.


    I had an early Intel® DP965LT which would support the early Intel Core 2 Duo's up to the Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 and the early Intel Core 2 Quad's (we never supported anything greater on this board) So I really tried to get my hands on an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 but I couldn't fit it into my budget before I got the deal on my home system with an Intel Core i7-860. The problem with a lot of these systems is a lot of the OEMs won't update the Bios to offer support for newer processors since they believe that it will encourage the customer to buy a new system over their older one.


    Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  10. Best answer
    :hello: See if u wanna play games like BF3,Crysis 2,Skyrim u got to have a somewhat solid CPU.Spending on ur current PC will be A TOTAL WASTE.After a lot of debates on various forums I understood this.Believe me 'cuz I also have a LGA 775 Intel DG31GL with a Pentium Dual core.So here's the layout for ya:─

    ☼Tight Budget(no OCing) -
    _☺Intel DP67
    _☻Radeon HD 7750
    _☺Intel i3 2120
    _☻Transcend 4GB DDR3 RAM

    ☼Medium Budget(OCable) -
    _☺Asus P8Z68 V LE
    _☻Radeon HD 7850
    _☺Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 CL9 1600 RAM
    _☻Intel i5 2500K

    I'm not listing prices 'cuz they vary from time to time depending on the rebates.U can check them at Newegg or TigerDirect.Also ASRock mobos are something which are very less heard about.But they offer great features at comparatively low prices.Ever since after breaking away from ASUS they have come a long way.But u can grab almost any ASUS mobo blindly 'cuz there's nothing better than them in most of the cases.
    Don't think I work for them.
    nywayz,HAPPY GAMING !!! :)
  11. Best answer selected by ModernKamikaze.
  12. GothAmKing said:
    :hello: See if u wanna play games like BF3,Crysis 2,Skyrim u got to have a somewhat solid CPU.Spending on ur current PC will be A TOTAL WASTE.After a lot of debates on various forums I understood this.Believe me 'cuz I also have a LGA 775 Intel DG31GL with a Pentium Dual core.So here's the layout for ya:─

    ☼Tight Budget(no OCing) -
    _☺Intel DP67
    _☻Radeon HD 7750
    _☺Intel i3 2120
    _☻Transcend 4GB DDR3 RAM

    ☼Medium Budget(OCable) -
    _☺Asus P8Z68 V LE
    _☻Radeon HD 7850
    _☺Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 CL9 1600 RAM
    _☻Intel i5 2500K

    I'm not listing prices 'cuz they vary from time to time depending on the rebates.U can check them at Newegg or TigerDirect.Also ASRock mobos are something which are very less heard about.But they offer great features at comparatively low prices.Ever since after breaking away from ASUS they have come a long way.But u can grab almost any ASUS mobo blindly 'cuz there's nothing better than them in most of the cases.
    Don't think I work for them.
    nywayz,HAPPY GAMING !!! :)



    WOW Goth - BEST answer that ANYONE could possibly give. Youve hit the nail DIRECTLY on the head with GREAT information. THANK YOU! I also have a 965 chipset. This is pretty much the EXACT way I would have given the CORRECt info. to Modern. Couldnt have said it better myself, Dave.
  13. I also have the 965 chipset and have researched and researched. You have OBVIOUSLY spent some time on this too. This answer surely helps ANYONE that wants to upgrade to a Core2 Duo with what they have or want to have.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Socket Motherboards