Sign in with
Your question

Please Confirm PSU Selecion And Evaluate Build (URGENT)

Last response: in Systems
January 7, 2012 1:34:15 AM

This is essentially a budget gaming rig.

Processor
core i3 2100
$124

MOBO
Asus P8P67-LE-V3
$112

Graphics
1G 6870 Powercolor
$169

RAM
8G Patriot Gamer 2
$48

Power Supply
Seasonic S12-II 80+ Bronze 520
$91

My biggest concern is if the PSU will be happy/have correct connections to run this system but opinions on the rest of the build would be appreciated.
Yes i realise this isnt complete build list but the rest is of no concern/not finalised. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
January 7, 2012 2:43:20 AM

Everything is fine. The PSU has 6 & 6+2 so you're fine there. The only thing I'd recommend is looking for a H61 motherboard as P67 offers nothing at all for the i3-2100 as it cannot be overclocked. Might as well save yourself a few dollars, you never know you might also need the igp at some point and the P67 does not support it.
m
l
January 7, 2012 3:04:40 AM

all good seem, only like to add if you can maybe change Video card
i just did some reading and 6870 Powercolor cards seems to have hi rate of failure my self i would go with different vendor for now
m
l
Related resources
January 7, 2012 4:17:37 AM

You can get a Sapphire 6870 for the same price and they have way better reviews. You only need 4gb of RAM for gaming. Other than that you're PSU looks fine.
m
l
January 7, 2012 8:40:35 PM

Thanks for the help guys.
I was actually somewhat concerned about the Powercolor. Sadly i live in australia, and i can only find one vendor (MSY) that actually offers reasonable prices (im not that tight but i refuse to support companies who have huge profit margins) and they actually have a physical store beating all internet prices i can find (that ship here). the next card up is the HIS 6870 (they dont sell sapphire for some reason) @ $185 so ill most likely go for that, id love the asus but paying $218 for a card i can get for $169 seems stupid, especially when i dont care about noise.
As for the extra RAM and P67 MOBO theyre simply there so when the moneys avaliable i can drop in an i7 2600k, 6970 and new PSU.
Just hanging out for new CPU's and graphics to be released so i can reap the benefits of all that useless old stocks bargain bin pricing haha.
m
l
!