$1800 Build Help EDIT: Fixed OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. This is my first post on this forums. I have joined your community because I heard this forums the best place to ask questions about building a PC. I am new to PC Gaming and gaming in general; however, whenever my cousins came to town with their Game System games, I always want to play the latest games they would have (usually). Although I am new to building a PC, I am very familiar with how parts interact with each other and what each component does, and also what SLI/Crossfire/OCing is). I have played some with them, but in general, the last game system I ever had was a PS1 (2003) and the last handheld was GBA SP (at around 2005). Now that I have some $ and am older, I want to build my very first computer, and I hope you guys are able to help. Now, if you want more background information, just ask.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approximate Purchase Date: sometime in March. As explained in the thread, please don't try to convince me to ask for advice later.

Budget Range: $1500-1800

System Usage from Most to Least Important:Runescape MMORPG, other Gaming (MW3, BF3, CoD, Dragon Ball Z, Spyro, Sonic, Pokemon are some examples but I'm open to all genres), surfing the web, youtube, school work.

Parts Not Required: OS, Keyboard (for now), Mouse (for now); One thing though: My dad does have some laptop HDDs, but the max he has is a 250 GB and Idk if he uses it or not. If his HDDs work, I might not need one.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, ncix.com, microcenter.com (for CPU and MOBO)

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU, 20+ Inch Monitor with HDMI; LED Backlit and HD preferred; and I will need an SSD too, if it can fit.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: A case with a Side/Front Window and Air Vents are preferred, but not required. Same with LED Fans. I would like a reasonable quiet PC. Should I get the new AMD series GPUs?

So far, I only have the i5-2500k and the Hyper 212 EVO decided on.

All help is appreciated. Here is what I have come up with:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=13328589 <---- Parts I'm buying on Newegg.
i5-2500k MOBO and Z68XP-UD3 MOBO.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-fx797atnfc <---- GPU.
1.5 TB WD Caviar Black HDD from Superbiiz <---- HDD.

What do you think guys?

If you can afford the build as you posted it, then buy it like that, there is no need to skim the cost at all, unless you absolutely needed to
I'm glad you ask questions beforehand, most posts here on Toms are of the 'afterwards' persuasion, its easier to sort potential issues out before they are a problem so well done to you for asking,
And remember to check out the guides at the top of this section, theres a builders guide if you need to go over things as you are building
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/288241-13-buyer-guides-troubleshooting-tips
sections three and four mate
Moto

912 has no front USB3 ports ...a no go in my book....I'd look at Antec 902 V3 or Corsair 500R

No industry standard 3 year warranty on MoBo would concern me...Id get the Asus P8P67 Pro or P8Z68 pro

PSU wont handle a 2nd GFX card .... two 900Mhz 560 Ti's provide 40% more fps (862 fps) than that single 580 (616 fps) and the 850 watt PSU can handle them ....adding a 2nd 580 for another $500 would top the 560's by 10%

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&Description=900Mhz%20560%20Ti&bop=And&SecondSearch=1&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20

Yeah, I do want a build that will last a while. I will check out the cases you recommended. Good thing I'm buying the CPU and MOBO from Microcenter for the $40 off and $50 off, respectively. :)

EDIT: The cases you suggested will put my build at $1600, $100 more than my budget allows. Any other cases you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.