Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Realtek HD Audio is gone

Last response: in Components
April 18, 2012 10:12:18 PM

Hey guys. So like 2 days ago, I installed a new GTX 460. Ever since I added it to my build, I am getting 3 messages about new hardware and my realtek HD audio is gone. It is very lame to not have any type of audio whatsoever, so I'd like you guys to help me out. I am pretty sure that the problem has something to do with my new video card. It has an HDMI out, but I am not using it. My previous card ran off the same drivers as my new one, but it did not have an audio output. I tried looking in my bios, but my bios is total crap. Do I just have to re-install my Nvidia drivers?

If it helps, here are my pc specs

Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz
4GB DDR2
GTX 460 SuperClocked
Realtek onboard HD Audio
Windows XP Pro 32-bit

I did not rei-nstall my video drivers, but later I did try re-installing my audio drivers.

My previous video card was a GeForce 8400GS if that helps to.

More about : realtek audio

April 18, 2012 11:51:37 PM

try going intot he sound manager and setting the realtek as the default. The 460 probably set itself as the default expecting you to use it.
m
l
April 19, 2012 12:09:05 AM

popatim said:
try going intot he sound manager and setting the realtek as the default. The 460 probably set itself as the default expecting you to use it.

I tried that. When I find the Realtek HD Audio device, it says that it cannot be loaded and that the drivers may be corrupted. Should I try to reinstall the audio drivers?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

April 19, 2012 1:25:52 AM

I would, yes.
April 19, 2012 2:09:17 AM

popatim said:
I would, yes.

Did that and it kind of works. I can no longer edit the channels of multiple speakers, but the sound is back. Thanks.
m
l
April 19, 2012 2:09:25 AM

Best answer selected by XM Keeper.
m
l
!