Multiple Users -- Same Start Menu?

Does anyone know if, in XP, we can set up multiple users
of one computer to have the same start menu and same "My
Documents" folder? I know that in Windows 2000 (or ME. I
forget.) there was an option for all users to share the
same start menu and my documents folder when setting up a
user. But I don't see that option in XP. For now I've
been manually copying and pasting these items into all
user's folders under the 'Documents and Settings' folder
on the C:/ drive.

Thanks

You simply have to put the menus (shortcuts) in the "All User" category.

I.e.: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu

If you go to this location, you will see that each user logon has their own
Start Menu. The "All Users" as implied will be seen by everybody. Their
should also be a Start Menu for Administrator (unless you've never logged in
as Admin).

<bunrithim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if, in XP, we can set up multiple users
> of one computer to have the same start menu and same "My
> Documents" folder? I know that in Windows 2000 (or ME. I
> forget.) there was an option for all users to share the
> same start menu and my documents folder when setting up a
> user. But I don't see that option in XP. For now I've
> been manually copying and pasting these items into all
> user's folders under the 'Documents and Settings' folder
> on the C:/ drive.
>
> Thanks

<bunrithim@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know if, in XP, we can set up multiple users
>of one computer to have the same start menu and same "My
>Documents" folder? I know that in Windows 2000 (or ME. I
>forget.) there was an option for all users to share the
>same start menu and my documents folder when setting up a
>user.

For the Start Menu: place the items in C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL
USERS\START MENU. For "My Documents" change the location of this
folder in all user profiles by right-clicking the folder > Properties

--
(tm)

TRENDING THREADS