Sign in with
Your question

I have a P8Z77-M Pro Asus motherboard and I install 4 x 8G of Ram memory. On my

Last response: in Memory
February 27, 2013 3:56:24 PM

I built this computer myself for some serious gaming. I already had 16Gs install and it was showing up, when I click Start, right clicked Computer and then properties. Now I install two more 8G Ram memory sticks, all four the same company and now when I click and went to my computer properties it says, 32G(16 usable). I called the manufacturer of the motherboard and that was a waste of time..what are customer service for??? Anyway I told them the same thing and they said, "That's about right and they are working I just don't see them". Is that correct or was that just a person that was tired and didn't feel like a long conversation with me. I am trying to learn. I am a computer tech and I am now finding out that in some computer don't take certain amounts of memory, even from the same Ram stick, like DDR2 and DDR3. I planned to game until my last breath and each time another computer game comes out, they need more and more Ram memory, so I am just being safe. Since I upgrade my processor, hard drive and Ram memory, my computer is lightning fast. Maybe I am just nitpicking, do they say that anymore, but it would be sweet if I could see 32G Ram memory and all working. If 16G is the only thing usable, it the other 16G needed??? I would appreciate someone's input.
a b } Memory
February 27, 2013 4:22:35 PM

^^^ This. What version of Windows. And BTW, you can be as serious gaming as you want, you will see zero difference from 16 to 32, and probably no difference from 8 to even 16. 32gb is a complete waste for gaming except for mine-is-bigger-than-yours online comments.
m
l
Related resources
March 2, 2013 1:10:13 AM

2191782,3,81539 said:
^^^ This. What version of Windows. And BTW, you can be as serious gaming as you want, you will see zero difference from 16 to 32, and probably no difference from 8 to even 16. 32gb is a complete waste of gaming except for mine-is-bigger-than-yours online comments.

No......it's the Graphics Card and a nice Sound card with surround sound is great too. I was just doing trial and error on my computer for my own benefit.
m
l
March 2, 2013 1:17:39 AM

J_E_D_70 said:
What version of Windows do you have? Win 7 64-bit Home Premium is limited to 16GB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7#Physical_memory

I have Windows 7 64 bit and thank you for that answer. I had a feeling that was what is was because older computers used only 512, yes they are old. I just pretty much wasted money on buying two more 8G Ram stick. Oh well, the way computer technology is advancing so quickly I am sure I will need them soon enough. I got another computer with Windows 8 on it and it will not take no more than 4G because it's 32 bit, according to the manual that came with the motherboard. Needless to say I need to read the manual before I get happy with the Ram. Ha! Thanks again.
m
l
!