BSOD with different components

Basstape

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
I am having an issue. I have been getting constant BSOD while trying to build my computer. I am using an i7 3770 with a MSI m77 motherboard. 8gigs of DDr3 ram (single stick), Samsung 840 SSD, a WD 500gig HDD. I was able to install windows on the SSD but I would have the BSOD after trying to do windows updates / drivers. I tried a full install on the HDD and the same thing happened. I switched MB to an Asus and now I get the BSOD every time I try to boot to the windows CD and install. I have tried various combos to see if any one device is causing the problem. I have been looking all over the internet and cannot seem to find an explanation. I am at work so I am sorry for the lack of data. I am wondering if the CPU can be bad? And if so can it cause a BSOD? The BSOD code was 00007E.

Thanks.

What OS is installed? Which SATA headers are the storage drives plugged into? What is the make and model of your PSU? What model motherboard (including version)? Which slot are you using for the ram? Can you get into BIOS?
Sorry for all the questions, it may help