New build boots (fans run) but no video / no POST... Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewman

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Hi all,

First off I hope that I have posted in the right spot and also this is my first post. However I am very familiar with this forum as I used it frequently prior to starting this build. This is my first build so I asked my father, who was building computers professionally from the early 80's into the late 90's, to help. Unfortunately he is not current on all the new technology, but still tinkers. On to the problem...

As I said before this is my first build so I spec'd it out for awhile through many different posts here (thanks) and here's what I ended up with:
Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Case
Corsair Gaming Series 600 Watt PSU
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO Mobo
AMD Phenom ii 980 BE
Corsair Vengeance 4x4 16gb RAM
Corsair Force Seriers GT 120gb SSD
Using onboard ati 4250 gpu for now as this is a budget build

We put it all together step by step and them connected the pSU and the green standby power light on my mobo came on so I assumed all was well, but I was wrong. We fired it up and everything came on (all the fans and LED's and the heatsink) except the video and the sound. So we shut it down and checked all the connections one by one making sure that we didn't miss any and that all were tight and correctly positioned. Tried it again, but nothing. So we reseeded the RAM and still nothing. My father though it was possible that we had bent a pin on the CPU during installation, however I wasn't so sure as it had fit in so well. But our list was getting short of things to check, so we pulled the heatsink and then the CPU only to find that the pins were still perfect and reseeded that. Unfortunately still nothing.

That was at about 1:00am this morning so my dad called it quits for the night and went home. I usually find its best to just let it sit for a bit and think but I figured this would help speed up the process.

Sorry for the excessively long post and hopefully I didn't leave any vital info out. Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks in advance!

TheNewman

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Wow, kind of feel like an ass. I'm surprised this didn't come up on google when I searched. I breifly looked over the list and most of those were done but I'll go back and check through each one. Thanks much for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.