frombadtraverse

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
I have a SBL XGamer card the SB CDRom will not load. If I download drivers from their website, they won't run. I have W2K on a KT7A. If I try to email Tech Support (at SB) the page will not load. All other CD's, DVD's, Webpages work fine (except for the 'snats' in the sound). WTF, I've tried, where is the support?

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Man people just love to take any chance they can get to slam Via.

RCF84, you could have at least tried to help rather than just shrug your shoulders and blame Via.........typical.

frombadtraverse, what do you mean they will not run, are you getting an error message or what, try to explain the situation, I will try to help rather than just point my finger.

frombadtraverse

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Sorry, I am just frustrated. I have no problem with VIA, on this at least. The SB card works it just has snats (glitches) on wave files. My frustration is with the fact that the CDR with the drivers just ejects when I try to load it. This is compounded by downloading drivers that give error messages. Can't remember the messages now but will run again soon, tomorrow night.

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Hey, you got it all wrong man, I was referring to the guy who posted the first response.

I am sorry you got the wrong impression. That was my bad.

Let me know the error message, I am sure there is a resolution.

G

I built the system specified in Tom's building your own system guide with the A7V and Soundblaster Live! I am experiencing a problem with my xgamer as well. The playback of wave files is either crackling/popping or with repetitive short bursts of sound. I found that there is a problem with VIA chipsets from a Creative FAQ, but they were older chipsets. I have an A7V board with the KT133 chipset and have downloaded the latest MB drivers from VIA as of yesterday. I am running windows 98, first edition, with all MS Windows updates. I have tried the recommendations of Creative to no avail. Any ideas? Would Windows 98 second edition or ME solve the issue? I have e-mailed VIA and Creative but have not heard back yet. Thanks!

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, I ran all 9x with it on VIAs chipset, now have SB in KT7, even native W2k drivers for live work fine. The only suggestion I could give you all out there (doing it not the first time): DO NOT load any VIAs drivers when you reinstall windows. Thats it. I never did, never had problems even with W95. I dont care if the newest drivers will add 5 fps to aleady 100 existing ones.

It's not too late yet... :wink: