How do I change the name assigned to a drive

Greetings and Saluations

I just installed a second DVD drive, and my drive letters
don't match the names of the volumes - they are all
correctly working.

How do I rename a drive?

Example:
E: named VRMSP_EN want DVD-RW Drive
F: correctly named DVD/CD-RW Drive
G: Photosmart want Dazzle
H: Removable Disk want Photosmart
I: correctly named FUJIDRIVE

Thanks

David
5 answers Last reply
More about change assigned drive

    David Pelton wrote:

    > Greetings and Saluations
    >
    > I just installed a second DVD drive, and my drive letters
    > don't match the names of the volumes - they are all
    > correctly working.
    >
    > How do I rename a drive?
    >
    > Example:
    > E: named VRMSP_EN want DVD-RW Drive
    > F: correctly named DVD/CD-RW Drive
    > G: Photosmart want Dazzle
    > H: Removable Disk want Photosmart
    > I: correctly named FUJIDRIVE
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > David

    If you want to just change the name simply RMB on the current
    drive name and select rename. If you want to change the
    drive letter assigned then go to Control Panel>Admin
    Tools>Computer Management. Look for the drive you want to
    change, RMB and you can change that as well.
    gm

    I'm having the same problem as David and I tried your RMB solution. However,
    I'm not getting the 'rename' option on the context menu for my CD-RW and DVD
    drives. I get it on all my other drives. What is blocking the 'rename'
    function on these optical drives?
    Thanks to all who help.
    CK

    "Tirebiter" <Tirebiter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    | I'm having the same problem as David and I tried your RMB solution. However,
    | I'm not getting the 'rename' option on the context menu for my CD-RW and DVD
    | drives. I get it on all my other drives. What is blocking the 'rename'
    | function on these optical drives?
    | Thanks to all who help.
    | CK

    Could it be because the name of the CD-RW and DVD drive is the "Volume Label"
    of the CD or DVD disk which you insert into the drive?

    I am having a similar problem....I want to change the name of the
    drives...DVD RW/CD RW, but the rename function is not available.....how do I
    change these

    "magoo412" <magoo412@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    | I am having a similar problem....I want to change the name of the
    | drives...DVD RW/CD RW, but the rename function is not available.....how do I
    | change these
    |
    | "David Pelton" wrote:
    | > I just installed a second DVD drive, and my drive letters
    | > don't match the names of the volumes - they are all
    | > correctly working.
    | >
    | > How do I rename a drive?
    | >
    | > Example:
    | > E: named VRMSP_EN want DVD-RW Drive