Dumb question? maybe?

Just received an Antec EA-650 Green.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371044

Unboxed it and plugged in the ac cord and flipped the button... nothing at all. No sound, no light, nothing.

Does this mean its DOA? I was hoping at least a light would come on or something.

I think the psu might need to be hooked up to a mother board but I just want to be sure.

TY!
11 answers Last reply
More about dumb question maybe
  1. Uh.. Yeah.. Plug in your computer and then see if it works..
  2. TY!
  3. Psus don't power on if it fails its self test of being connected to a mobo. And thus sends no power
  4. Plug a few fans into the molex connectors and turn the psu on .
  5. It needs to be plugged into the mobo
  6. tougas said:
    It needs to be plugged into the mobo

No, it doesn't.
    You can trick the psu into thinking that it is connected to a motherboard by shorting the pwr_OK wire with a ground.
    It's a simple DOA test, shown in the link I provided.

It's also how we fill and leak test watercooling loops without having the entire system powered on.
    Slow down
  7. delluser1 said:
    No, it doesn't.
    You can trick the psu into thinking that it is connected to a motherboard by shorting the pwr_OK wire with a ground.

It's also how we fill and leak test watercooling loops without having the entire system powered on.
    Slow down

paper clip method!
    touch the paperclip to die....
  8. amuffin said:
    paper clip method!
    touch the paperclip to die....

:pfff:
    Yeah, Corsair is willing to open itself up for a wrongful death suit.
    I guess if one were stupid enough to slice open thier chest, break thru the breast bone and touch the paperclip to thier heart Corsair really couldn't be held responsible though
  9. hehehe
  10. delluser1 said:
    No, it doesn't.

Slow down

Yes I know this. I was just trying to make the point that the psu needs to think its plugged in otherwise it won't work.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Light Components Product