Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Will this PC max WoW comfortably?

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 7, 2012 2:48:54 PM

i3 2120 3.3 ghz
8gb RAM DDR3 in dual channel
Radeon 6850


I think that covers the most important parts.
From what i recall wow aint that hard to max.

More about : max wow comfortably

January 7, 2012 2:50:30 PM

Should do so, yes.

Most old school MMORPGs (not like, say, SWTOR) go very easy on the computer requirements in able to open the games up to the maximum possible player base.
Score
0
January 7, 2012 3:00:28 PM

depends on resolution. if you have 3 1080p+ monitors then no. but if you have one you should be ok. might suck in raids a bit but turning down AA, AF, or shadows should fix it.
Score
0
Related resources
January 7, 2012 3:19:17 PM

I'd vote for a quad core, if you do go for the i3 though,
turn shadows, sunshafts and liquid detail down as well,
Moto
Score
0
January 7, 2012 4:08:31 PM

at 1080 it would struggle especially in raids.
Score
0
January 7, 2012 4:25:39 PM

My rig with Phenom II x4 Deneb 955 and GTX 275 maxes WoW out with drops down into the low 40fps when the server is loaded and lots of toons on screen otherwise its 60fps consistent most of the time. You will be fine maxing out WoW turn Shadows from Ultra to High helps allot and IQ doesn't change much if at all really. WoW takes allot more powerful rig to run than most people give it credit for and it does like Nvidia graphics.
Score
0
January 7, 2012 4:26:48 PM

Gothams Finest said:
at 1080 it would struggle especially in raids.

It would never struggle it would just run a bit below optimal 60fps.
Score
0
January 7, 2012 5:32:41 PM

Red Team FTW said:
it would just run a bit below optimal 60fps.


yeah like I said....struggle.
Score
0
January 7, 2012 5:37:13 PM

A little below optimal does not equate to struggle. If it was like 40 or so, then it would be considered struggle.
Score
0
January 7, 2012 5:41:47 PM

azeem40 said:
A little below optimal does not equate to struggle. If it was like 40 or so, then it would be considered struggle.


That is your opinion, and your opinion means nothing.

A dual core and a 6850 could easily dip down to 40fps during a 25man boss fight @ 1080 with settings maxed out.
Score
0
January 7, 2012 5:45:43 PM

I don't think you have the authority to tell me if my advice is nothing.
Score
0
January 7, 2012 5:50:03 PM

I said your opinion means nothing, which it doesn't, its just an opinion, not a fact.

If you're offended then get a thicker skin.

Score
0
January 7, 2012 5:50:37 PM

It won't max it out comfortably, but you will be able to run it on ultra ( shadows high, 4xmsaa ). And like gothems finest said, it could easily drop to 40fps, but don't worry, just lower the shadows a bit and you will be fine.
Score
0
January 7, 2012 7:06:15 PM

Your definition of "struggle" is also an opinion and means nothing.
Score
0
January 7, 2012 7:24:21 PM

Supermuncher85 said:
Your definition of "struggle" is also an opinion and means nothing.


Did I say it did? No I did not. :pfff: 

However my opinion is shared by many....

Many people want 60fps, especially in a situation such as a tense boss battle in a raid.

An i3 and 6850 will easily drop to less than 60fps during a 25man boss fight @ 1080 with settings maxed out. Fact.

But with slightly lowerd settings, it will handle a 25man raid @ 1080 well.





Score
0
January 7, 2012 10:09:22 PM

Gothams Finest said:
yeah like I said....struggle.

Most WoW players cant even play WoW much above 30fps when the severs are packed in high populated areas and 50 fps is considered very playable by majority of people and around and under 30fps is considered struggling by most people and pros alike LOL. If your rational is true than BF3 is unplayable for 95% of people and the other 5% would be appalled at 50fps+ in BF3 LOL.Most WoW players cant even play WoW much above 30fps when the severs are packed in high populated areas and 50 fps is considered very playable by majority of people and around and under 30fps is considered struggling by most people and pros alike LOL. If your Personal opinion is Fact than BF3 is unplayable for 95% of people and the other 5% would be appalled at 50fps+ in BF3 LOL.
Score
0
January 7, 2012 10:16:52 PM

Struggling means hard to get good framerates, so it really depends on what you consider good framerates and what you consider bad framerates.
Score
0
January 8, 2012 9:03:45 AM

Red Team FTW said:
Most WoW players cant even play WoW much above 30fps when the severs are packed in high populated areas and 50 fps is considered very playable by majority of people and around and under 30fps is considered struggling by most people and pros alike LOL. If your rational is true than BF3 is unplayable for 95% of people and the other 5% would be appalled at 50fps+ in BF3 LOL.Most WoW players cant even play WoW much above 30fps when the severs are packed in high populated areas and 50 fps is considered very playable by majority of people and around and under 30fps is considered struggling by most people and pros alike LOL. If your Personal opinion is Fact than BF3 is unplayable for 95% of people and the other 5% would be appalled at 50fps+ in BF3 LOL.





I feel so bad having my rig lol, 30fps? /cries at the idea of so many people in graphical poverty......
Can I feel superior for having over 100fps minimum in sw/lagaran?
WoW does favour Nvid's cards, hates crossfire and a dual core is minimum req, throw an Nvid 460 with a triple or quadcore amd hip at it and you'll be fine for cheap,
I run two x3 435 rigs with 5770's in (as well as my overpowered beast Rig) and we get well playable frames,
as I said earlier, sun/shadow/liquid/AA on minimum, you'll be fine
Moto
Score
0
January 8, 2012 10:42:08 AM

So what do I need to not lag in 25 man raids?
Score
0
January 8, 2012 11:05:39 AM

Decent net connection for a start, hardwire not wireless :p 
a triple or Quad running at 3.2GHz+
and a 5770/460 level card
4Gb of ram,
You may get some slowdown on intense 25man bosses, lots of adds/aoe etc but with the aforementioned adjustments to gfx quality you'll be fine
Moto
Score
0

Best solution

January 8, 2012 11:11:25 AM

internetswag said:
So what do I need to not lag in 25 man raids?


Like I said earlier, a i3 and a 6850 won't lag in a 25 man raid if you lower the graphics, but it will lag maxed out.

During a raid you can lower your graphics slightly and then afterwards change then back to maxed out again.

i3 and a 6850 should handle anything else such as questing and 5mans ok maxed out, as long as you don't go crazy on the AA and lowering shadows from ultra to high also helps out a lot.

Share
January 8, 2012 11:17:23 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
Decent net connection for a start, hardwire not wireless :p 
a triple or Quad running at 3.2GHz+
and a 5770/460 level card
4Gb of ram,
You may get some slowdown on intense 25man bosses, lots of adds/aoe etc but with the aforementioned adjustments to gfx quality you'll be fine
Moto


A 6850 is better than a 5770 and a 460.

Score
0
January 8, 2012 11:30:03 AM

I meant as a minimum :) 
but yes, if a better card is possible then obviously go for that
Moto
Score
0
January 8, 2012 11:50:54 AM

Best answer selected by InternetSwag.
Score
0
January 8, 2012 12:54:16 PM

Don't forget to come back and let us know how you get on with the dual core mate :) 
Moto
Score
0
January 8, 2012 4:36:36 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Don't forget to come back and let us know how you get on with the dual core mate :) 
Moto


It's not mine.
Score
0
January 22, 2012 9:50:20 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!