Pink/purple spots while playing Battlefield BC2?

Herdo

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
I have 2 GTX 570s in SLI and I recently noticed that while playing BFBC2 I get some strange artifacts sometimes.

Every so often, I'd say once every hour or so I will see a little pink/purple spot about the size of a dime on my screen. It only appears for a split second, maybe 1/10th of a second or so. So far it only seems to happen in multiplayer over long periods of time. I have tested other games and have not noticed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhRc9C8BkW8

This is an example of what it looks like. As you can see, he has to slow down and freeze the video, because it is only there for maybe a 10th of a second.

I tried just running my cards at stock speeds and it still happens. I download the most recent drivers about 2 days ago so I know they are up to date. I've run Furmark to test for artifacts and I saw nothing after about 10 minutes. I've run 3DMark dozens of times and I have had no problems. Like I said before, I think it only happens with BFBC2 Multiplayer. I could be wrong, because I don't spend nearly as much time playing other games.

Anyone have any theories? Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Herdo

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
When playing BFBC2 my primary card (MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II) runs about 65*C I believe and the other (EVGA GTX570 SC) doesn't get above 78*C or so while playing BFBC2. The EVGA Super Clocked cards are notorious for running hot, but I think it's still in the average temp range.

Herdo

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Ok, just to update. I bought BF3 today and player for about 5 hours straight with my cards running at about 70*C and 80*C. Didn't see a single artifact or error of any kind, so I'm pretty sure it isn't a hardware problem. Possibly a driver conflict?