Sign in with
Your question

New Build Problem Help!

Last response: in Systems
January 7, 2012 5:14:04 PM

So I recently put together my first build yesterday and got everything together. I turned it on and was so happy because I got the splash screen and then the sign saying I don't have an OS Installed. So I took my old HDD out of my old computer and completely wiped it with Dban, which later I thought was a stupid idea. So I plugged it in anyways and tried to install windows, right after I click "Push any key to boot CD" it starts to configure the windows installation, but about a minute later I get a blue screen that says windows has stopped to prevent damage. I don't know what to do I'm hoping that I just need to install some drivers for either my mobo or HDD.

Please any help would be appreciated.

Steps I took:
1. Took the HDD and put it into my old comp and it worked just fine, so I formatted it and put windows on it, tried to switch it back to my new build and still blue screen.
2. Made sure that CD-ROM is the first boot priority, and my HDD does show up in the bios, but in windows installation it says it cannot detect any mass storage device.
3. Tried switching Sata cables no luck.
Computer Specs: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx...

And my HDD is a Seagate 120GB 7200RPM Sata drive.

Thank you again for any information to solve this problem!

More about : build problem

January 7, 2012 5:27:07 PM

most likely you have bad Ram. Try running memtest x86 on the box and see what happens. You will want to run it overnight with multiple passes to really get a feel of if anything is wrong or not
m
l
January 7, 2012 5:55:30 PM

How could it be my ram? I get a post beep and splash sceen, I dont see how ram would affect my HDD problem.

Anyways here is the exact error I am getting:

Stop: 0x0000007E(0xc0000005,0xf748EoBF,0xf78DA208,0Xf78d9f08)

PCI: Sys -Address f748Eobf base at f749700.
m
l
!