GTX 560 Ti

So i just bought a new graphics card being the GTX 560 Ti
Upgrading my current system which was:

CPU: AMD Phenom TM II 1045T Six Core Processor
PSU: TR2 600W (Thermaltake)
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6450 (512Mb DDR3)
OS: Windows 7

And i was wondering what type of performance can i be expecting with the new card in a game such as BF3, Skyrim, etc?

Thanks in advance.
16 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. I think you'll be able to run them on about 3/4 settings. That is, if there were choices of Low, Medium, High and Ultra you'd hit 60fps (what I consider a necessity, but some will take the 40fps on Ultra that you'll probably get) on High.
  2. My screen resolution is 1920x1080 and I run BF3 with max settings very smoothly. I do not know the exact FPS, but it is smooth, and I have no issues. It is a low resolution, i know, but it's what I get for using a 32 inch TV instead of a monitor. The only difference is that i have an i7-2600k, whatever that difference in CPU can possibly make on graphics performance.
  3. Overclocking your GTX 560 Ti will boost performance considerably. Try to hit 900-950 mhz on the core for best results. Higher up to 1 Ghz+ should be very possible as well.
  4. 17seconds said:
    Overclocking your GTX 560 Ti will boost performance considerably. Try to hit 900-950 mhz on the core for best results. Higher up to 1 Ghz+ should be very possible as well.



    How would i go about overclocking it? (Computer Noob Here)
  5. EVGA Precision and MSI Afterburner are both good, free programs. I know Precision has a stress test that catches and records artifacts; Afterburner probably does too, but I'm not sure.
    Generally, it's safest to keep the voltage at its stock setting. You wouldn't do any harm to start at a pretty ambitious clock, like 950mhz. Run the stress test for 20 minutes or so; as soon as you get any artifacts, back off on the clock 10mhz at a time and repeat. If you don't get any issues, you can go up in the same increments if you like. After you've got a stable core clock, up the memory. See what other people have got on the memory clock and repeat essentially the same process that you've done on the core.
  6. Congrats on your new upgrade. you will see a big difference in performance compared to your 6450.
    You will be able to play most games with maxed out settings.
    Using MSI afterburner is really simple for overclocking, good for beginers.
    Later on you can always add another 560ti and upgrade your psu for SLI performance :)
  7. kajabla said:
    EVGA Precision and MSI Afterburner are both good, free programs. I know Precision has a stress test that catches and records artifacts; Afterburner probably does too, but I'm not sure.
    Generally, it's safest to keep the voltage at its stock setting. You wouldn't do any harm to start at a pretty ambitious clock, like 950mhz. Run the stress test for 20 minutes or so; as soon as you get any artifacts, back off on the clock 10mhz at a time and repeat. If you don't get any issues, you can go up in the same increments if you like. After you've got a stable core clock, up the memory. See what other people have got on the memory clock and repeat essentially the same process that you've done on the core.



    So could i overclock my current GPU with MSI Afterburner and would a see differences?
  8. you should see some difference, but an upgrade to a 560ti would make a huge difference
  9. The 560 is an overclocking beast .... witha reference speed of 820 MHz, they factory overclocked models come outta the box at 900 - 950 MHz and cost the same as the reference versions. I took 7 outta 8 of those to 1000MHz w/o touching the voltage.

    MSI provides Afterburner, EVGA Precision and Asus Smart Doctor ..... any one of which will allow you to adjust speeds and voltages .... I'd take a shot at 900 MHZ right from the getgo ....run OCCT GPU test and if ya make it through the hour, go up to 920 .... rinse and repeat as necessary .... if test fails, try upping the voltage.
  10. hope you upgraded that psu
  11. monsta said:
    you should see some difference, but an upgrade to a 560ti would make a huge difference



    Should i be watching for anything like the temp of the GPU going to high?
  12. gnomio said:
    hope you upgraded that psu


    Originally it was a 300w (stock). I upgraded it to 600w, the GTX 560 Ti only requires 500w.
  13. farmer123 said:
    Originally it was a 300w (stock). I upgraded it to 600w, the GTX 560 Ti only requires 500w.

    yes a decent 500w not a crappy TR2. Thats what they mean. Not any 500psu. TR2 psu's = Bad
  14. gnomio said:
    yes a decent 500w not a crappy TR2. Thats what they mean. Not any 500psu. TR2 psu's = Bad



    Oh I see. So do you think the 600w TR2 will run the card?
  15. You can download Afterburner here. It is probably the most widely used overclocking application and is a lot of fun to use as well.
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/Afterburner-2.0.0-Final-download-2562.html
  16. farmer123 said:
    Oh I see. So do you think the 600w TR2 will run the card?

    its a coin toss. Some give problems some don't. You can try but if you get any problems then you know whats the source of it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics