Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard beep every 10 seconds

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
February 28, 2013 8:00:28 AM

I smelt something burning yesterday in my pc just before it went of. When I tried to restart it I saw that something shorts out the system. With a bit of troubleshooting I found that it was the graphics card.
But the the real problem is that now when I try to use my onboard graphics and other graphic cards the pc seems to go into an endless loop of restarts.
It makes 1 beep to indicate a successful post, and then I can see the keyboard lights flashing and then another beep.
There is no display. Unless if I hit delete it enters bios. the way I know that it keeps restarting is that I can enter the bios after a 20min wait.
Ive cleared the cmos, after that I saw a display but had to enter bios. So I dont think that its the display but something with the cmos. Can someone please help me understand how this is happening.

My system
Pentium E620 socket 1155
Asus P8H61-m LX
Kingston 4Gb ram
GFX 8800GT

Much appreciated

More about : motherboard beep seconds

March 15, 2013 12:16:37 PM

Ok so i have replaced the motherboard but the problem persists, could a faulty CPU cause these problems? I have also replaced the PSU....
m
l
a c 1171 V Motherboard
March 15, 2013 2:04:37 PM

If you can enter BIOS and see it on the monitor then the graphics are working. Maybe windows got corrupt can you boot from your win installation media?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 16, 2013 2:29:34 AM

You haven't mentioned the PSU, I'd suspect that more than anything else especially if it is less than 550 total power output.
m
l
Related resources
!