upgraded motherboard - biosinfo.inf error occurs

Robert

We are pretty confident that the mother board is all
setup correctly. We get an error "windows cannot start
because the following file is missing or corrupted:
winnt/inf/biosinfo.inf"

It tells to try using windows disc to repair it, but we
can't get into windows to repair. Any key we press at
this point just restarts the boot process and takes us to
the same error point.

We have tried a MS-Dos boot disk - that will not open
either.

peter

It's just possible that your bios need an upgrade. I've found these people
helpful. http://www.esupport.com/

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
"Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are pretty confident that the mother board is all
> setup correctly. We get an error "windows cannot start
> because the following file is missing or corrupted:
> winnt/inf/biosinfo.inf"
>
> It tells to try using windows disc to repair it, but we
> can't get into windows to repair. Any key we press at
> this point just restarts the boot process and takes us to
> the same error point.
>
> We have tried a MS-Dos boot disk - that will not open
> either.

Peter: thanks - however, I don't know how to upgrade the
bios if I can't boot the system. I do not have a means to
copy or store a new file or connect thru to the internet
(except thru my other computer).

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:03:48 -0700,

>Peter: thanks - however, I don't know how to upgrade the
>bios if I can't boot the system. I do not have a means to
>copy or store a new file or connect thru to the internet
>(except thru my other computer).

What you need to do is a "Repair Install". For info on how to do
this, check here for full instructions:

§kullywag©-

TRENDING THREADS