How can I open my .bkf file with Windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlanghorne

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Before upgrading to Windows 7 Pro form XP Pro, I backed up up all my files and settings on a thumb drive. Now I need to open or restore the .bkf file with windows 7. :sweat:

vlanghorne

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012

I am able to open the .bkf and see what is there, but the restore fuctions fails. I cannot restore any of the files. I get a report saying "unable..."

vlanghorne

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012

I received some help when I downloaded the x32 bit version of the microsoft.com tool that allowed me open the .bkf file on the thumb drive. I could then see a list of the files in a directory tree as backed up files, but then the tool was unable to open the files on the thumb drive or restore them so that I could actually read what was in the files other than the file names. For example .doc and .docx that had been created in Word 97 could not be restored to my computer with Windows 7 on it, or opened in a readable format on the thumb drive.

vlanghorne

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
I still have been able to get any files off the flash drive on to my hard drive where I have the new Windows 7 operating system. I am trying to follow the directions exactly, but so far I still have not been successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.