Sign in with
Your question

How can I open my .bkf file with Windows 7?

Last response: in Windows 7
January 3, 2012 4:21:57 AM

Before upgrading to Windows 7 Pro form XP Pro, I backed up up all my files and settings on a thumb drive. Now I need to open or restore the .bkf file with windows 7. :sweat: 

More about : open bkf file windows

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 13, 2012 11:40:18 AM

vlanghorne said:
Before upgrading to Windows 7 Pro form XP Pro, I backed up up all my files and settings on a thumb drive. Now I need to open or restore the .bkf file with windows 7. :sweat: 

I am able to open the .bkf and see what is there, but the restore fuctions fails. I cannot restore any of the files. I get a report saying "unable..."
January 20, 2012 5:16:10 AM

I received some help when I downloaded the x32 bit version of the microsoft.com tool that allowed me open the .bkf file on the thumb drive. I could then see a list of the files in a directory tree as backed up files, but then the tool was unable to open the files on the thumb drive or restore them so that I could actually read what was in the files other than the file names. For example .doc and .docx that had been created in Word 97 could not be restored to my computer with Windows 7 on it, or opened in a readable format on the thumb drive.
January 29, 2012 11:36:10 PM

I still have been able to get any files off the flash drive on to my hard drive where I have the new Windows 7 operating system. I am trying to follow the directions exactly, but so far I still have not been successful.
March 1, 2013 8:14:47 AM

vlanghorne said:

To restore Windows XP MS backup files in Windows 7, perform 3 simple steps of restoration that the tool has been integrated with.

I. Select BKF File: Run available application and select required .bkf file to start the scanning process.
II. Recover Your Way: Now right click on given files to view BKF file content in Windows 7.
III. Choose Desired Location: Now, after this task has been performed you extract required files on any location of Windows 7 machine.

To download this tool and to get complete information about Windows 7, visit: http://www.bkfrepairtool.com/restore-xp-bkf-in-windows7.html
March 27, 2014 11:09:42 PM

Hi friend,

Backup files are so important and losing it can be disastrous, I have experienced once. my backup files were corrupted due to virus infection and i was left with no manual way to restore it. You can restore your .bkf file by the help of NT Backup software but in Windows 7 it is not inbuilt, you need to download and install NT Backup software. Even if your files doesn't get restore using NT Backup software, then there are corruptions in your .bkf file and the worst part is there is no manual way to resolve the problem. Third-party tool is the only option because in my case also i had to use third-party tool atlast. I used SysInfoTools BKF Recovery software...but you first check by using its free demo version and then you can go fro licensed version accordingly.

Thanks.

!