Will this build work? Please help

This build is for programming and gaming and I would like to know if there are any problems if I use these parts such as reduced performance. Also I dont know how many fans I will need even with the cooler master case and what the best cpu cooler is.

Approximate Purchase Date: Early March

Budget Range: £800 - £1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Programming, gaming, watching movies, general internet surfing.

Case: Cool Master Haf X

Motherboard: p8p67 deluxe

Processor: Intel i7

CPU cooler: Need one!

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 580(will this provide 1080p to dual monitors using the two dual link DVI slots?)

RAM: Not sure whats best but would like it to be high performance so please comment below

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: none

Parts Preferences: None

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 - Monitor HERE

Additional Comments: If there are any known problems when connecting these connect then please leave a comment before I go out and buy them.

Thanks in advance for any help.
16 answers Last reply
More about will build work help
  1. I'd drop to the P8P67 Pro, unless ya need the 2nd LAN port....saves $50

I'd use two 900 Mhz 560 Ti's instead of the single 580.....gives 40% more fps than the 580 for $40-70 less. And if ya thinking about upgrading to a 2nd 580 later on, all it gets ya is 10% mre than the twin 560's

If ya not gonna OC, then the CPU cooler that comes with the CPU is just fine. If ya change your mind....

4.4 - 4.5 GHz, Hyper 212 $30

4.6 - 4.7 GHz, Hyper 612 PWM or Scythe Mugen 3 $50

4.8 - 5.0+ GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow $80

RAM - Corsair low profile Vengeance 8GB DR3-1600 CAS 9 is where Id start .... Mushkin Redline low profile DDR3-1600 CAS 7 or DDR3-1866 CAS 9
  2. Thanks for the quick reply and I just have a few more questions. First I read somewhere that there can be problems connecting the USB 3.0 ports on the motherboard to the front of the case, is this true. Second if I was to use dvi cables to connect the graphic card to the monitor would I get 1080p resolution.
  3. JackNaylorPE said:
    I'd drop to the P8P67 Pro, unless ya need the 2nd LAN port....saves $50

I'd use two 900 Mhz 560 Ti's instead of the single 580.....gives 40% more fps than the 580 for $40-70 less. And if ya thinking about upgrading to a 2nd 580 later on, all it gets ya is 10% mre than the twin 560's

If ya not gonna OC, then the CPU cooler that comes with the CPU is just fine. If ya change your mind....

4.4 - 4.5 GHz, Hyper 212 $30

4.6 - 4.7 GHz, Hyper 612 PWM or Scythe Mugen 3 $50

4.8 - 5.0+ GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow $80

RAM - Corsair low profile Vengeance 8GB DR3-1600 CAS 9 is where Id start .... Mushkin Redline low profile DDR3-1600 CAS 7 or DDR3-1866 CAS 9

Thanks for the quick reply and I just have a few more questions. First I read somewhere that there can be problems connecting the USB 3.0 ports on the motherboard to the front of the case, is this true. Second if I was to use dvi cables to connect the graphic card to the monitor would I get 1080p resolution.
  4. i dnt think you will have a problem with the usb ports connecting and just connect the monitors using hdmi
  5. proxxshot said:
    i dnt think you will have a problem with the usb ports connecting and just connect the monitors using hdmi

if i use a gtx580 graphics card then there is only one hdmi port.
  6. Why do you need more than one HDMI port?
  7. azeem40 said:
    Why do you need more than one HDMI port?

I will be using two monitors so how will I connect the two monitors to the one graphics card
  8. anyone?
  9. ...
  10. I believe there are split adapters that take in two HDMI inputs and output one HDMI.
  11. azeem40 said:
    I believe there are split adapters that take in two HDMI inputs and output one HDMI.

so you have a link?
  12. since your cp is the heart of a computer, i would say for 40 dollars you should get the coolermaster hyper 212 evo, i just picked it up for my i7 and its great.
    as for ram i would go with 8gb
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428
    those are great i have them installed in my new build and have not seen anything wrong with them
  13. Hallowhead said:
    since your cp is the heart of a computer, i would say for 40 dollars you should get the coolermaster hyper 212 evo, i just picked it up for my i7 and its great.
    as for ram i would go with 8gb
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428
    those are great i have them installed in my new build and have not seen anything wrong with them

Thanks for the tip
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product