Won't Start???

jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
For xmas i was given the Logitech K750 Solar Powered Keyboard.

I install everything and remove my old wired keyboard and there is no problem at all.

Have been playing skyrim for a while now and have not installed anything on the pc since then.

Placed my PC in sleep earlier on today and tried to turn it back on and all that happens is the computer starts the POST and then tells me there is no keyboard detected.

So i plug in my old keyboard assuming that its the low battery on my logitech one tht is causing this.

Doesn't fix it, i try plugging in both default recievers for my mouse and my keyboard from logitech assuming there is a conflict, nothing.

Tried charging my keyboard for a while, nothing.

Tried resetting the CMOS by turning off power and removing battery, nothing.

I have literally done nothing to the computer and this comes up out of the blue and i have no idea why. Anyone tht can shine light on the matter please help! Thanks PC Specs below.

CPU - Phenom II 955
MOBO - M3N32 ASUS i think
HDD - Raptor X 150gb
PSU - 750W cooler master
GPU - 5770 Powercolor PCS+
OS - VISTA 64bit

plenty of cooling so heat isnt and issue and i have been using the new keyboard since xmas day and have had no issues with that until now.

PS. i havent put the pc in sleep mode since getting the mouse so perhaps tht is the issue but i wouldve thought the cold boot would have resolved it anyway.

jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Thank you for the reply but i found out the issue, apparently a fault with the motherboard using the front panel USB slots can cause a short due to a design flaw on the motherboard, simply removing the usb jumper cable for the front panel allowed me to boot into windows and have no problems.

Thank you for your reply though.