Asrock extreme 6 z77

i got a asrock extreme 6 z77 mobo guys...............when i try to formay my pc ..........when i enter the boot menu my USB keyboard and USB mouse stops working ..............i mean there is no power passing through the mouse and keyboard as a result m unable to move the cursor ...............i restarted my pc and entered boot again & again..........did that for several time but no use

guyzz plzzz help ????

i have the warranty too

if it is a damage on mobo please tell me ill void my warranty
3 answers Last reply
More about asrock extreme
  1. Check the CMOS settngs and see if the USB3 is set to compatibility for USB2. USB3 should be compatible with previous editions, but I had an issue with the USB3 ports on my P67 Extreme6. On my Z77 Extreme6 there is a setting in CMOS for USB compatibility and, I believe that it defaults to compatibility mode.

If you can't access the boot menu with your keyboard/mouse, see if you can borrow someone elses. Alternatively you can use a PS2 keyboard.
  2. chesteracorgi said:
    Check the CMOS settngs and see if the USB3 is set to compatibility for USB2. USB3 should be compatible with previous editions, but I had an issue with the USB3 ports on my P67 Extreme6. On my Z77 Extreme6 there is a setting in CMOS for USB compatibility and, I believe that it defaults to compatibility mode.

If you can't access the boot menu with your keyboard/mouse, see if you can borrow someone elses. Alternatively you can use a PS2 keyboard.

awesome dude !! that could actually be the problem .................buddy can u please tell me how to check CMOS settings
  3. chesteracorgi said:
    Check the CMOS settngs and see if the USB3 is set to compatibility for USB2. USB3 should be compatible with previous editions, but I had an issue with the USB3 ports on my P67 Extreme6. On my Z77 Extreme6 there is a setting in CMOS for USB compatibility and, I believe that it defaults to compatibility mode.

dude i use PS2 interface keyboard it works fine but ...............i don understand why a usb keyboard is nt working
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock Mice Keyboards Boot USB Motherboards