Sign in with
Your question

Asrock extreme 6 z77

Last response: in Motherboards
February 28, 2013 2:46:08 PM

i got a asrock extreme 6 z77 mobo guys...............when i try to formay my pc ..........when i enter the boot menu my USB keyboard and USB mouse stops working ..............i mean there is no power passing through the mouse and keyboard as a result m unable to move the cursor ...............i restarted my pc and entered boot again & again..........did that for several time but no use

guyzz plzzz help ????

i have the warranty too

if it is a damage on mobo please tell me ill void my warranty

More about : asrock extreme z77

a b V Motherboard
February 28, 2013 5:13:52 PM

Check the CMOS settngs and see if the USB3 is set to compatibility for USB2. USB3 should be compatible with previous editions, but I had an issue with the USB3 ports on my P67 Extreme6. On my Z77 Extreme6 there is a setting in CMOS for USB compatibility and, I believe that it defaults to compatibility mode.

If you can't access the boot menu with your keyboard/mouse, see if you can borrow someone elses. Alternatively you can use a PS2 keyboard.
March 1, 2013 12:21:39 PM

chesteracorgi said:
Check the CMOS settngs and see if the USB3 is set to compatibility for USB2. USB3 should be compatible with previous editions, but I had an issue with the USB3 ports on my P67 Extreme6. On my Z77 Extreme6 there is a setting in CMOS for USB compatibility and, I believe that it defaults to compatibility mode.

If you can't access the boot menu with your keyboard/mouse, see if you can borrow someone elses. Alternatively you can use a PS2 keyboard.

awesome dude !! that could actually be the problem .................buddy can u please tell me how to check CMOS settings
March 3, 2013 4:37:26 AM

chesteracorgi said:

dude i use PS2 interface keyboard it works fine but ...............i don understand why a usb keyboard is nt working
!