Even though I have a P3, 256RAM adn 60GB HDD, I feel that my system takes
longer to open various windows or programs. Most of the time I see CPU usage
100% in the task manager. SInce my system had been working pretty well some
time back, is it possible to know which prog. might be using the CPU too
much? I degrag my disk every now and then.

Personally I would back up my data files and format and reinstall - over
time from my experience Windows inevitably slows down and unless you know
just what combination of factors responsible it is quicker and easier to
reinstall. You can spend days or even months trying to chase this one and
at the end of the day the law of diminishing returns cuts in...

Netmask wrote:
> Personally I would back up my data files and format and reinstall - over
> time from my experience Windows inevitably slows down and unless you know
> just what combination of factors responsible it is quicker and easier to
> reinstall. You can spend days or even months trying to chase this one and
> at the end of the day the law of diminishing returns cuts in...
>
> "Atif Rahman" <atifr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Even though I have a P3, 256RAM adn 60GB HDD, I feel that my system takes
>>longer to open various windows or programs. Most of the time I see CPU
>>usage 100% in the task manager. SInce my system had been working pretty
>>well some time back, is it possible to know which prog. might be using the
>>CPU too much? I degrag my disk every now and then.
>>

> If you feel your computer is running a little slow, you can increase the processing power to running tasks.

Open Run and type Rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks and Enter.

TRENDING THREADS