B&W from Fuji Frontier Minilab

What do you think about black and white prints from the Fuji Frontier
digital minilab?

are these prints from fuji frontier similar to the durst lambda prints?
2 answers Last reply
More about fuji frontier minilab

    One of the big camera shops in Sydney (Ted's Photographic) has a
    Frontier tat they offer 1 hour printing.
    I've used them to print glossy B&W from digital images and mostly they
    look just like glossy prints on B&W paper.
    Some of the prints did have a slight greenish tint, especialy if there
    is a large area of dark shadow or black; it was very slight and almost
    un-noticable.
    I haven't seen and can't comment about a comparison toDurst Lambda
    prints.

    <gds506@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > What do you think about black and white prints from the Fuji Frontier
    > digital minilab?
    If the machine has been calibrated properly they are very nice. Not in the
    same league as traditional B&W papers, but certainly good enough for
    snapshooter's B&W's. Actually I know of a couple of pro's who use frontiers
    to produce the B&W prints for their customers. Unfortunately the machines
    will frequently print B&W's that have a colour cast - it all depends on how
    particular the lab is at calibrating it in the first place, and how
    particular they are with their subsequent chem and paper calibrations. For
    the most part frontiers are self calibrating, which is fine in most cases
    for printing colour, but they will slip out of calibration sufficient to
    give a noticeable cast on B&W's. IME they normally shift toward magenta,
    giving a warmer toned print.

    > are these prints from fuji frontier similar to the durst lambda prints?
    I haven't seen a lambda print, but from what I understand they are
    laser-exposed just like the frontier, but are printed on traditional B&W
    paper, not on RA-4 process colour paper like the frontier. As such I would
    imagine they would look closer to a traditional darkroom print.

Photo Cameras