Sign in with
Your question

CPU problem

Last response: in Systems
January 7, 2012 11:07:54 PM

Hi there, can someone help me with my system. The problem is when im playing my CPU turns off and shows no display. I just built my CPU last December 2011. I gone to the shop to check the Video card and they said it was ok and i've seen it worked with their test unit. i even checked the bios and all was set to default and the display is set to PCI Express. When i click on the power all the fans turns on, the CPU fan, the Video card fan is working and i can also hear the HDD working but there is no display.

BTW here are the specs that i built

Intel Core i3 2100 3.1GHz
Asrock H61M/U3S3
G.Skill RipJaws X (Dual) 2x2gb ddr3 1333 CL8
Power Color HD 6770 Vortex PCS+ 1gb/128bit ddr5
Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500watts

that is the built that i have. I dont know what the problem is can someone please help.

More about : cpu problem

January 7, 2012 11:13:45 PM

when you say your CPU turns off do you mean the GPU?

do you overclock your system? when did the problem start? can you remember updating or changing anything prior to the issue starting?

Perhaps a windows restore might fix the issue or a driver rollback?

reseating components such as the GPU to see if it was simply loose?

try a different PCI slot on your MOBO?

if youve done all this i dont mean to patronise :p 

make sure your GPU is getting enough power from your PSU (try a different PCI cable perhaps)
January 8, 2012 12:41:42 AM

jasobnd said:
when you say your CPU turns off do you mean the GPU?

do you overclock your system? when did the problem start? can you remember updating or changing anything prior to the issue starting?

Perhaps a windows restore might fix the issue or a driver rollback?

reseating components such as the GPU to see if it was simply loose?

try a different PCI slot on your MOBO?

if youve done all this i dont mean to patronise :p 

make sure your GPU is getting enough power from your PSU (try a different PCI cable perhaps)

When it turns off it doesnt show any display but the system is still running. When i plug my DVI cord to the built-in Video of the motherboard it works but when plugged to my VC DVI it doesnt. When i bought the Videocard from the shop at first it didnt boot from their test PC, then the tech did something and it worked. then i was able to play from Dec 28 last year until last Jan 6 it started the same problem. and also before i brought the device to the shop i have it tested with my cousins computer, his has a VX550 PSU, 880GM-UD2H board and when he tested it, it didnt show any display also.

I dont OC my system, i just bought the unit last Dec. 26, 2011, i havent changed or update anything besides the OS updates. I even tried reseating the GPU and still it didnt work.

But what i was thinking, will the Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500watts sufficient enough to run the system? My setup doesnt have much peripherals installed, only 1 HDD and 3 120 fans that came with the case.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
January 8, 2012 8:02:00 AM

Your PSU is okay. If your gfx card didnt work on your cousin's pc than there is some thing wrong in your card.

If the problem only occur when you playing games then download new driver from AMD for your video card. May be driver is the problem. Is there any other problem in your pc without playing games?
January 12, 2012 12:21:13 AM

ok i have it solved.... the Asrock h61m u3s3 VGA driver was the problem. the CD that came with the board doesnt have the VGA driver. so what i did was removed catalyst, installed the VGA driver [downloaded from their site] for the motherboard then installed back the 11.12 cat and it solved the problem.
a b à CPUs
January 12, 2012 8:06:40 AM

If you have a graphic card then you dont need to install motherboard vga driver. May be its chipset driver.
!