SWTOR Lag on High-Perfomance PC

Hossmobile

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Hey everyone, I am trying to play SWTOR on my PC. I am running a GTX 570 with a Phenom II X4 840 at 3.2 GHz with 12 GB RAM. With BF3 I can run max video settings with no performance aches, but even with SWTOR on low, in certain locations and warzones, I can go as low as 10 fps. I know my system shouldn't be doing this and am not aware as to why it is. the highest my GPU has gotten is 68 degrees celcius and I know that is common for EVGA GPU's Hopefully someone can help me out

Wmharris96

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011

Don't worry, im on a high performace PC too and im having these same problems inside the Imperial Fleet (110fps on highest while walking around tatooine, and 20 fps inside imperial fleet and 30 in warzones) Its because the game is not yet optomised, and in these high traffic areas, lag occures for everybody.

Bioware will optomise it soon, and your problems will be fixed

Wmharris96

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011

i have an HD 6950, so its a crossplatform problem.. maybe a driver update came out that im not aware of.

Red Team FTW

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

"The frames even in war zone and the imperial fleet are above 60fps they never dip" That could also be because you have tangibly more graphics computational horsepower than GTX 580 so at any rate Right on buddy.

RED TEAM FTW !

Wmharris96

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011

Excuse me, but youve been rather childish and annoying all throught this thread, so forgive me for being understandibly annoyed at you right now.

Using context clues you should determine that im referring to cross platform with respect to the video card platform (ATI/AMD v. nVidia) and not gaming platforms.

I even said that im using a HD6950 card... Now how, sir, would one install that into an Xbox or PS3?

Please know what you are talking about before you post, new users here cant tell the difference between good advice and moronic blabberings.

Thank you.

Red Team FTW

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

My apologies but I was under the impression that cross platform means the simultaneous Console and PC releases my apologies.

RED TEAM FTW !

Wmharris96

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Its alright, just think it through before you post. Flashresponse posting is discouraged here because it can result in people being inadequitely informed, and messing up serious things.

To OP:
If you are really concerned aboutframerate in warzones, when pvping, turn your shadow settings down and get that overall fps boost

Hossmobile

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Thank you all. I figured it was just poor optimization on Biowares part or poor driver compatibility from Nvidia. Glad to know I am not the only one having this problem. I am sure it will be fixed soon enough, just glad to know it wasn't something on my end.

TRENDING THREADS