Blaze VGA adaptor

Caliban

Hi

After persuading my son to settle for a good but redundant computer
monitor instead of a TV I'm now left with egg on my face as the VGA
adaptor be bought doesn't support his games out of the box. There are
some dead-end links to websites, some of which don't exist and others
won't yield their secrets.

An earlier message in this group described theh sam eproblem and the
suggested workround of using Gameshark codes seems highly unpromising
since the codes are way different and are for cheats as far as I know.

There is a rip-off telephone support line which I tried but after the
first selection it then rings out for ages whilst one is being charged
for the privilege.

I've sent an e-mail to the support line but I'm not expecting a lot.

Has anybody managed to get anywhere with this process?

[If there are no replies and you found this message when researching
the device with a view to buying one then I wouldn't if I were
you......unless you want to buy mine that is.]

Caliban wrote:
> Hi
>
> After persuading my son to settle for a good but redundant computer
> monitor instead of a TV I'm now left with egg on my face as the VGA
> adaptor be bought doesn't support his games out of the box. There are
> some dead-end links to websites, some of which don't exist and others
> won't yield their secrets.
>
> An earlier message in this group described theh sam eproblem and the
> suggested workround of using Gameshark codes seems highly unpromising
> since the codes are way different and are for cheats as far as I know.
>
> There is a rip-off telephone support line which I tried but after the
> first selection it then rings out for ages whilst one is being charged
> for the privilege.
>
> I've sent an e-mail to the support line but I'm not expecting a lot.
>
> Has anybody managed to get anywhere with this process?
>

> [If there are no replies and you found this message when researching
> the device with a view to buying one then I wouldn't if I were
> you......unless you want to buy mine that is.]

I don't have any experience with the device, so I'm sorry I can't really
help you. I'm curious, though, the adapter comes with a boot disc?

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://madrom.de/ps2hard/Kabel/ps2blazevgaadapter.shtml&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dblaze%2Bvga%2Badapter%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26c2coff%3D1%26sa%3DG

Caliban

Grinder <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote:

>Caliban wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> After persuading my son to settle for a good but redundant computer
>> monitor instead of a TV I'm now left with egg on my face as the VGA
>> adaptor be bought doesn't support his games out of the box. There are
>> some dead-end links to websites, some of which don't exist and others
>> won't yield their secrets.
>>
>> An earlier message in this group described theh sam eproblem and the
>> suggested workround of using Gameshark codes seems highly unpromising
>> since the codes are way different and are for cheats as far as I know.
>>
>> There is a rip-off telephone support line which I tried but after the
>> first selection it then rings out for ages whilst one is being charged
>> for the privilege.
>>
>> I've sent an e-mail to the support line but I'm not expecting a lot.
>>
>> Has anybody managed to get anywhere with this process?
>>

>> [If there are no replies and you found this message when researching
>> the device with a view to buying one then I wouldn't if I were
>> you......unless you want to buy mine that is.]
>
>I don't have any experience with the device, so I'm sorry I can't really
>help you. I'm curious, though, the adapter comes with a boot disc?

It does indeed and the menus on there allow for some video settings
and then selection of a game from the menu of games - after selecting
the game you insert the proper game disc. If your game isn't on the
list....????//

Caliban wrote:
> Grinder <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote:
>

>>Caliban wrote:
>>
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>After persuading my son to settle for a good but redundant computer
>>>monitor instead of a TV I'm now left with egg on my face as the VGA
>>>adaptor be bought doesn't support his games out of the box. There are
>>>some dead-end links to websites, some of which don't exist and others
>>>won't yield their secrets.
>>>
>>>An earlier message in this group described theh sam eproblem and the
>>>suggested workround of using Gameshark codes seems highly unpromising
>>>since the codes are way different and are for cheats as far as I know.
>>>
>>>There is a rip-off telephone support line which I tried but after the
>>>first selection it then rings out for ages whilst one is being charged
>>>for the privilege.
>>>
>>>I've sent an e-mail to the support line but I'm not expecting a lot.
>>>
>>>Has anybody managed to get anywhere with this process?
>>>

>>>[If there are no replies and you found this message when researching
>>>the device with a view to buying one then I wouldn't if I were
>>>you......unless you want to buy mine that is.]
>>
>>I don't have any experience with the device, so I'm sorry I can't really
>>help you. I'm curious, though, the adapter comes with a boot disc?
>>

> It does indeed and the menus on there allow for some video settings
> and then selection of a game from the menu of games - after selecting
> the game you insert the proper game disc. If your game isn't on the
> list....????//

The might be where the gameshark settings come in. Do you have any of
the games that are listed?

Sorry I can't offer you any first-hand (or nth-hand for that matter)
experience.

sarah

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:39:32 +0100, Caliban <david@europe.eu.biz>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>After persuading my son to settle for a good but redundant computer
>monitor instead of a TV I'm now left with egg on my face as the VGA
>adaptor be bought doesn't support his games out of the box. There are
>some dead-end links to websites, some of which don't exist and others
>won't yield their secrets.

Consider that PS2 games aren't written in VGA, therefore, look rather
fuzzy on it.

Caliban

Grinder <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote:

>Caliban wrote:
>> Grinder <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote:

>>>I don't have any experience with the device, so I'm sorry I can't really
>>>help you. I'm curious, though, the adapter comes with a boot disc?
>>>

>> It does indeed and the menus on there allow for some video settings
>> and then selection of a game from the menu of games - after selecting
>> the game you insert the proper game disc. If your game isn't on the
>> list....????//
>
>The might be where the gameshark settings come in. Do you have any of
>the games that are listed?

We have one that is similar and it plays reasonably well but it's not
perfect.

Caliban

Caliban <david@europe.eu.biz> wrote:

>I've sent an e-mail to the support line but I'm not expecting a lot.

At least that's lived up to my expectations - my message is delayed
as 'host lookup did not complete'.

Caliban

Caliban <david@europe.eu.biz> wrote:

I got another device today - a box of electronics & no software
needed. Works perfectly.

Not that anybody gives a monkeys I know.

Caliban wrote:
> Caliban <david@europe.eu.biz> wrote:
>

> I got another device today - a box of electronics & no software
> needed. Works perfectly.
>
> Not that anybody gives a monkeys I know.

I'm curious -- what brand is it?