Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Call of Duty
  • Games
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 10, 2011 6:02:36 AM

Hello,

Before I actually start talking about my problem, I wanted to say that I'm from The Netherlands, so my English isn't that good. Please, don't blame me if I make any grammer/spelling mistakes.

My problem:
I'm experiencing a weird problem with my video card. Basically, when I play a game for about 5 minutes, it suddenly freezes and it gives a weird pixel raining effect.

Here is a picture (the game is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3): http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=137119253057947&...

Those little pixels are all over the screen. Sometimes, it goes into a blackscreen and then continues the game. But sometimes it just freezes and I have to restart my pc. Also, when the game continues, I click alt + tab to see if there are any error messages. I see for a short time something like: Nvidia Kernel mode has stopped working and has recovered. This is really pissing me off becaue now I can't play my new game MW3. :( 

The strange thing is, not every game that I have gets this problem. Here is a little list with games that have this problem:
Call of Duty: 4
Call of Duty: 5
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Crysis 2
Dead Space 2

But games like Battlefield, CoD Black Ops and GTA work fine for some reason. :??: 
I've been looking for a solution on Google but I can't seem to find a good solution.

Specs:
Motherboard: Asus IV Crosshair Extreme
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 970 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX470
Hope I haven't forgotten anything.

Can someone help me with this problem?

More about : weird pixel bug

a b Î Nvidia
November 10, 2011 6:18:47 AM

Are all drivers updated to teh current ones?
November 10, 2011 6:24:30 AM

How do I check that?
Nvidia 3D Vision Controller Driver 285.62
Nvidia 3D Vision Driver 285.62
Nvidia Graphics Driver 285.62
Nvidia HD Audio Driver 1.2.24.0
Nvidia PhysX System Software 9.11.0621
Nvida Update 1.5.20

Those are all the Nvidia programs in the ''Programs and Features'' list.
!