Spell sequencer snafu

Last response: in Video Games
May 8, 2005 12:18:48 PM

Kelsey has a spell sequencer icon on his portrait but no sequencer
is actually available to him. I can't cast another one How do I fix this?

More about : spell sequencer snafu

Anonymous
May 8, 2005 6:13:38 PM

"kevin" <completely@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Kelsey has a spell sequencer icon on his portrait but no sequencer
> is actually available to him. I can't cast another one How do I fix this?

IIRC, you can reset the sequencer by selecting Kelsey
(place the cursor on him) and press control-R.
To be sure, safe first.

Wim
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 6:59:14 PM

"Wim Dekker" <someonenot@microsoft.com> wrote in message

> IIRC, you can reset the sequencer by selecting Kelsey
> (place the cursor on him) and press control-R.
> To be sure, safe first.

Thanks. I'll try this if it happens again. I "solved" the problem
by ctrl-Y'ng the bastard and then bringing him back. :)  Your
method however seems a much more graceful way of going
about things.
May 9, 2005 2:30:51 PM

kevin wrote:
> "Wim Dekker" <someonenot@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>

>>IIRC, you can reset the sequencer by selecting Kelsey
>>(place the cursor on him) and press control-R.
>>To be sure, safe first.
>

> Thanks. I'll try this if it happens again. I "solved" the problem
> by ctrl-Y'ng the bastard and then bringing him back. :)  Your
> method however seems a much more graceful way of going
> about things.

Ctrl-R will heal the character, and remove any effects on the character
including benificial ones, ie. stoneskin, sequencers, prot form evil, resist
fear, etc.
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 8:48:42 PM

"Me" <Me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:D 5nvnb019np@enews2.newsguy.com...

> Ctrl-R will heal the character, and remove any effects on the character
> including benificial ones, ie. stoneskin, sequencers, prot form evil,
resist
> fear, etc.

I thought I had fixed it with the ctrl-y since the spell sequencer icon was
no longer on the character portrait but now that I've set him up with
another sequencer I see that the problem remains in that there are now
two sequencers listed in the special abilities section - it's one
sequencer,
that is, with a "2" listing. When I cast a sequencer both vanish entirely
and
I'm then able to set up a new sequencer (that appears with a "2" listing) so
while strange it's workable.

I tried ctrl-R and while it will remove the spell sequencer icon on the
portrait
it does nothing to the sequencers listed in the special abilities menu. This
approach
apparently would have entirely fixed my original problem (that being to
remove
the sequencer icon) but now it doesn't seem to be of any benefit.

But like I said it is workable as it currently is.

BTW, has anyone else experienced character interaction that bumps you out
of the sorcerer spell select screen?
May 10, 2005 1:13:47 PM

kevin wrote:
> "Me" <Me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> news:D 5nvnb019np@enews2.newsguy.com...
>

>>Ctrl-R will heal the character, and remove any effects on the character
>>including benificial ones, ie. stoneskin, sequencers, prot form evil,
>
> resist
>
>>fear, etc.
>

> I thought I had fixed it with the ctrl-y since the spell sequencer icon was
> no longer on the character portrait but now that I've set him up with
> another sequencer I see that the problem remains in that there are now
> two sequencers listed in the special abilities section - it's one
> sequencer,
> that is, with a "2" listing. When I cast a sequencer both vanish entirely
> and
> I'm then able to set up a new sequencer (that appears with a "2" listing) so
> while strange it's workable.
>
> I tried ctrl-R and while it will remove the spell sequencer icon on the
> portrait
> it does nothing to the sequencers listed in the special abilities menu. This
> approach
> apparently would have entirely fixed my original problem (that being to
> remove
> the sequencer icon) but now it doesn't seem to be of any benefit.
>
> But like I said it is workable as it currently is.
>
> BTW, has anyone else experienced character interaction that bumps you out
> of the sorcerer spell select screen?

Hmm, I thought I removed the sequencer from the special abilities or me also,
which i why I don't use it on the Mages if at all possible, I hate having to
reset those things all the time.

Also, is there a way to tell what is in the sequencer? after a while I forget
what is in some of them, especially with 2 mages.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 2:45:04 AM

"Me" <Me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:D 5qfiu01id7@enews4.newsguy.com...

> Also, is there a way to tell what is in the sequencer? after a while I
forget
> what is in some of them, especially with 2 mages.

Yeah, is there? Ha, I recently had Imoen launch her sequencer
of Malison, Chaos, and Slow at the enemy who had engaged
the group in melee combat.

Oh wait, I mean her sequencer of three fireballs. oy!
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 5:44:00 PM

> "Me" <Me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> news:D 5qfiu01id7@enews4.newsguy.com...
>
>> Also, is there a way to tell what is in the sequencer? after a while I
> forget
>> what is in some of them, especially with 2 mages.
>
> Yeah, is there? Ha, I recently had Imoen launch her sequencer
> of Malison, Chaos, and Slow at the enemy who had engaged
> the group in melee combat.
>
> Oh wait, I mean her sequencer of three fireballs. oy!

Yes, there is a mod that does the trick. Look here:
http://www.cirerrek.addr.com/
And search for 'Sequencer Memory' on the page.

Wim
!