PS2 Remotes

Does anyone know if the Datel Remote will turn the PS2 on / off? Thanks

Fletch wrote:
> Does anyone know if the Datel Remote will turn the PS2 on / off? Thanks

I've only had experience with a Mad Katz remote, which cannot put the
PS2 into standby -- I suspect because there's no command that can be
sent through the controller/memory port to do so.

Fletch <sprfst@pacbell.net> wrote in news:nNmue.1278$N22.745
@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

> Does anyone know if the Datel Remote will turn the PS2 on / off? Thanks

There is NO remote that can turn the PS2 on/off.

Rich

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:29:36 +0000, Fuzzy Logic wrote:
> Fletch <sprfst@pacbell.net> wrote in news:nNmue.1278$N22.745
> @newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:
>
>> Does anyone know if the Datel Remote will turn the PS2 on / off? Thanks
>
> There is NO remote that can turn the PS2 on/off.

Yes there is. The newer slim PS2s have built-in IR and can be turned
on/off and reset with a remote. I would guess the newer sony remotes
work, I have no idea about Datel remotes. I downloaded the IR code
for a proto (from remotecentral.com) and imported to my mx-700 and it
works great. It works the same as the reset button -- push it to turn
on, push it again to reset or hold it in to turn it off.

rich

"rich" <crabbzSTOP@SPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:29:36 +0000, Fuzzy Logic wrote:
>> Fletch <sprfst@pacbell.net> wrote in news:nNmue.1278$N22.745
>> @newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:
>>
>>> Does anyone know if the Datel Remote will turn the PS2 on / off? Thanks
>>
>> There is NO remote that can turn the PS2 on/off.
>
> Yes there is. The newer slim PS2s have built-in IR and can be turned
> on/off and reset with a remote. I would guess the newer sony remotes
> work, I have no idea about Datel remotes. I downloaded the IR code
> for a proto (from remotecentral.com) and imported to my mx-700 and it
> works great. It works the same as the reset button -- push it to turn
> on, push it again to reset or hold it in to turn it off.
>

> rich

Do you think it would work for the version 9 and 10 since they have the
built in IR ? Ive been wanting a remote and if it could turn it on that
would be cool. I hate having to always go over and turn it on, hehe.

lonesw0rdsman wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:

> Do you think it would work for the version 9 and 10 since they have
> the built in IR ? Ive been wanting a remote and if it could turn it on
> that would be cool. I hate having to always go over and turn it on,
> hehe.

Any IR universal remote can programmed to control the PS2 if there are
codes available for the remote to do so. "lonesw0rdsman" says his Pronto
can; I also know (from personal experience) that the Logitech Harmony
remotes can, too.

--
Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA
To reply by e-mail, remove "nospam" and swap "cast" and "net"

Rich

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 03:45:07 +0000, lonesw0rdsman wrote:

> "rich" <crabbzSTOP@SPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yes there is. The newer slim PS2s have built-in IR and can be turned
>> on/off and reset with a remote. I would guess the newer sony remotes
>> work, I have no idea about Datel remotes. I downloaded the IR code for
>> a proto (from remotecentral.com) and imported to my mx-700 and it works
>> great. It works the same as the reset button -- push it to turn on,
>> push it again to reset or hold it in to turn it off.
>>
> Do you think it would work for the version 9 and 10 since they have the
> built in IR ? Ive been wanting a remote and if it could turn it on that
> would be cool. I hate having to always go over and turn it on, hehe.

I don't know what version 9 and 10 means. :-/ A version of the PS2?
I'm not familiar with that. If you are looking at PS2 remotes maybe
just check if it has a reset or power button on it. If so then it'll
probably work with the slim PS2s.

rich

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:29:54 -0400, rich <crabbzSTOP@SPAMgmail.com> spewed forth
these words of wisdom:

>On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:29:36 +0000, Fuzzy Logic wrote:
>> Fletch <sprfst@pacbell.net> wrote in news:nNmue.1278$N22.745
>> @newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:
>>
>>> Does anyone know if the Datel Remote will turn the PS2 on / off? Thanks
>>
>> There is NO remote that can turn the PS2 on/off.
>
>Yes there is. The newer slim PS2s have built-in IR and can be turned
>on/off and reset with a remote. I would guess the newer sony remotes
>work, I have no idea about Datel remotes. I downloaded the IR code
>for a proto (from remotecentral.com) and imported to my mx-700 and it
>works great. It works the same as the reset button -- push it to turn
>on, push it again to reset or hold it in to turn it off.
>

>rich

My 50001-series will turn on and off with the Sony remote.

Galley

TRENDING THREADS