mb

I just installed SP2. Looks like all is well with that. It took about 55
minutes with my broadband connection ( Dell Dim 2400 system).

Now when I check updates I get:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 resolves various issues found
after the initial release of .NET Framework 1.1. These include both
security- and non-security-related issues. After you install this item, you
may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it
cannot be removed.

So, what is this??? Do I need this??? I am the sole user. I browse the net,
use WORD and other utilities.

Mel

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 17:23:57 -0400, MB wrote:

> I just installed SP2. Looks like all is well with that. It took about 55
> minutes with my broadband connection ( Dell Dim 2400 system).
>
> Now when I check updates I get:
>

> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 resolves various issues found
> after the initial release of .NET Framework 1.1. These include both
> security- and non-security-related issues. After you install this item, you
> may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it
> cannot be removed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> So, what is this??? Do I need this??? I am the sole user. I browse the net,
> use WORD and other utilities.
>
> Mel

You already have .NET Framework 1.1 installed or you would not be offered
the service pack for it. Do you need it? That decision is ultimately up to
you. Read more about the update and decide.

Quick info at download page:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8f5654f-088e-40b2-bbdb-a83353618b38&DisplayLang=en

More detail here:

List of bugs that are fixed in the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (SP1)