Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Need to select one GPU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 10, 2011 11:42:56 AM

Hi,

I need to buy a new GPU and i have selected these and i don't know which one to select, can you help me

out?

My PC sepc:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090 BE processor
ASUS M4A88-T M
4GB RAM
PSU will buy according to the need of GPU.

Here is the selected cards.

http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=01G-P3-156...

%20500%20Series%20Family&sw=
OR
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=01G-P3-156...

%20500%20Series%20Family&sw=

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/EAH6950_D...

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/ENGTX5...

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R6950-Twin-Frozr-II-OC.h...

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/GraphicCards/HD%2060...


ASUS cards has "Bus Standard : PCI Express 2.1" and my mobo has 2.0 interface.
Will that card work fine in 2.0?

More about : select gpu

a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2011 12:43:15 PM

A PCIe 2.1 Card will work fine in a PCIe 2.0 Slot.

I suggest one of the 6950s over the 560 Ti. Here is a review comparing them:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-1gb-vs-gef...

The MSI card has a better cooler so you will be able to overclock better, so out of the cards you posted, that is my recommendation.
Score
0
November 10, 2011 1:00:33 PM

blade061188 said:
A PCIe 2.1 Card will work fine in a PCIe 2.0 Slot.

I suggest one of the 6950s over the 560 Ti. Here is a review comparing them:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-1gb-vs-gef...

The MSI card has a better cooler so you will be able to overclock better, so out of the cards you posted, that is my recommendation.


Thanks for the reply..
any other MSI card you want to recommend?
Score
0
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2011 1:03:21 PM

I would recommend the MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II if you have to buy now. If you can wait a tiny bit longer, an upgraded version of the GTX 560 Ti will be released which should put a nice nail in the HD 6950's coffin.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2011 1:04:52 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply..
any other MSI card you want to recommend?


Where are you looking to buy from? Where are you located? Can you buy from newegg for example?
Score
0
November 10, 2011 1:15:27 PM

Warmacblu said:
I would recommend the MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II if you have to buy now. If you can wait a tiny bit longer, an upgraded version of the GTX 560 Ti will be released which should put a nice nail in the HD 6950's coffin.


Hi,

When it will going to release?
And what will be the approx price of that?

I can wait till 10 December as my last exam is on 9 December...:D 
Score
0
November 10, 2011 1:16:39 PM

blade061188 said:
Quote:
Thanks for the reply..
any other MSI card you want to recommend?


Where are you looking to buy from? Where are you located? Can you buy from newegg for example?



Well, my location is India..

But my bro is in USA and he will going to buy so there is no problem with newegg...

And i think it is best site to buy these kind of stuff? Right?
Score
0
November 10, 2011 2:43:09 PM

AMD has drivers problem...? Right?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2011 2:49:25 PM

No more problems than Nvidia. In the old days, AMD (or ATI) had more driver problems, but these days they are about even.

AMD actually has better optimization for crossfire than Nvidia does for SLI currently.

Not that it is incredibly relevant to what you want, but the idea that AMD is behind Nvidia on the driver scene is dated.
Score
0
November 10, 2011 2:56:48 PM

blade061188 said:
No more problems than Nvidia. In the old days, AMD (or ATI) had more driver problems, but these days they are about even.

AMD actually has better optimization for crossfire than Nvidia does for SLI currently.

Not that it is incredibly relevant to what you want, but the idea that AMD is behind Nvidia on the driver scene is dated.



ok, got it..:) 
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2011 4:41:17 PM

Don't worry about driver issues, both companies have their shares of issues. I recommended the nVIDIA card because I have been using their products for over 10 years so they hold a soft spot in my heart.

No one really knows when the updated GTX 560 Ti will be released but I recommend waiting until the last minute and if it's not out by the time you have to order a card then purchase a GTX 560 Ti or an HD 6950, whichever you prefer.
Score
0

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2011 5:04:01 PM

Hello. Since you can wait till 10th december you can buy the new GTX560 448cores. It will be out at 29th of november.
Techpowerup article:
Everything You Need To Know About GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores
On the 29th of this month, NVIDIA will launch its newest graphics card SKU, the GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores.

source: http://www.techpowerup.com/154808/Everything-You-Need-T...

edit: I guess an MSI Hawk version of this card will cannibalize the stock clocked 570 :p 
Share
November 11, 2011 11:00:20 AM

Warmacblu said:
Don't worry about driver issues, both companies have their shares of issues. I recommended the nVIDIA card because I have been using their products for over 10 years so they hold a soft spot in my heart.

No one really knows when the updated GTX 560 Ti will be released but I recommend waiting until the last minute and if it's not out by the time you have to order a card then purchase a GTX 560 Ti or an HD 6950, whichever you prefer.



Thanks...I am also using Nvidia geforce 9400GT...
and even it played Crysis 2 not at full resolution but at 1024*768 very fine...
and loved it...
so, i have made a plan to go with NVIDIA...:) 
Score
0
November 11, 2011 11:01:05 AM

Memnarchon said:
Hello. Since you can wait till 10th december you can buy the new GTX560 448cores. It will be out at 29th of november.
Techpowerup article:
Everything You Need To Know About GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores
On the 29th of this month, NVIDIA will launch its newest graphics card SKU, the GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores.

source: http://www.techpowerup.com/154808/Everything-You-Need-T...

edit: I guess an MSI Hawk version of this card will cannibalize the stock clocked 570 :p 


yes, it's so nice...:) ...thanks
I think i should wait till this card came out...
Score
0
November 21, 2011 12:44:28 PM

Best answer selected by rockxdude.
Score
0
!