Saphire Radeon HD 6850 problem

x2tap

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
I just posted a reply that covers everything in my initial post so I am editing it so you can just jump down to my reply to sardonicjester, Please read on......

x2tap

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
Okay I have figured somethings out for my 3D issue.I have a Sapphire HD 6850 and the HDMI port does not reproduce 3D. With this video card you must use the Display Port to get 3D. I tried to use a DP to HMDI converter plug and both a 1.4,1.4a HMDI cable as I had both available to me. That did not work at all, I did not recieve any type of signal to the TV (brand new 47" LG 3d). I returned that to Amazon and even got free return shipping and package pickup and the original shipping fees along with the cost of the converter. Couldnt ask for more from Amazon in those reguards. I then ordered a cable that converts from DP to HDMI without using a silly little plug. I now recieve a great signal from the GC to TV but still when I go into the settings on Crysis 2 the 3D settings has a grey bar and I can not click on it like the rest of the settings and I dont even see 3D settings for Battlefield BC 2 (yes it is a 3D game). I did see on a forum here on T.H. that you can enter a command line into a folder for Crysis 2 but I do not know how to do that. If someone with Windows 7 can help walk me through it I would really appreciate the help,as my PC is pretty hooked up for gaming the problem exists between the keyboard and the chair. What I'm trying to say is I have no idea how to enter a command line into a folder without breaking one of three things #1 the game #2 my sweet precious or #3 my hand because I got so fustrated with trying to fix #1,#2 that I punched something repeatedly until I heard the bones snap like twigs on the forest floor being crushed by a fleeing enemy sniper and I digress. Sorry I get lost in my head sometimes usually I dont drag everyone else along for the ride. Anyways I would really like to excape this reality I call home by playing some 3D FPS games so I remain in the shallow end of the pool of life. Even if it is filled with the blood of small chlidren,Damnit there I go again sorry. Any solutions on what to do to get this 3D GC to work with my 3D games would be appreciated. I wish this was all Apple stuff then it would just work.

CyberpowerPC ultra gamer GUA140
Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition / 3.2GHz OC to 3.6
4GB DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive: 1TB
Lite-on, 24X DVD±RW
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
saphire radeon HD 6850 ( Windows 7 test it scored a perfect 7.7 for both of the graphics tests)
OCZ Fatal1ty series 550w PSU
Total of 7 fans including the GC and the PSU keeping it at a steady 84 degrees