Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

CM HAF 912 with Hyper 212+ question

Last response: in Components
Share
April 20, 2012 3:42:52 AM

Hello all! I have a micro MSI board and have a hyper 212+ and want to buy the haf 912 and stick a CM 200mm megaflow (i think 30mm thick) for the top exhaust, but I've heard that the fan and 212 might not fit together when the hyper 212 is oriented towards the rear exhaust.

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks so much!
April 20, 2012 3:56:00 AM

amy9hollow said:
Hello all! I have a micro MSI board and have a hyper 212+ and want to buy the haf 912 and stick a CM 200mm megaflow (i think 30mm thick) for the top exhaust, but I've heard that the fan and 212 might not fit together when the hyper 212 is oriented towards the rear exhaust.

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks so much!

turn your 212 so it blows up at the top exhaust and let convection do its thing hot air rises, problem solved
a c 111 ) Power supply
April 20, 2012 4:03:49 AM

You want the 212 to be facing towards the exhaust fan (back fan) You do not want it to be pointing upwards.
Related resources
April 20, 2012 4:21:52 AM

amuffin said:
You want the 212 to be facing towards the exhaust fan (back fan) You do not want it to be pointing upwards.

that is true but if there are space constraints thats the other option, yeah it may not get as cleaner air flow but if there is an exhaust already there at the top the case air flow is already all over the show and the results will be negligible
a c 111 ) Power supply
April 20, 2012 4:24:33 AM

With the 212 the heat is disappated to the sides of the cooler, if you put the cooler the way you mentioned, there would be hot air pushed into the case which defeats the purpose.
April 20, 2012 4:35:39 AM

amuffin said:
With the 212 the heat is disappated to the sides of the cooler, if you put the cooler the way you mentioned, there would be hot air pushed into the case which defeats the purpose.

how do you figure that
1. he says he wants to fit a top mount 200mm fan exhausting
2.im saying orient the 212 so that the heat sink is turned 90 degrees (which you can do)so the fan is sitting at the bottom blowing up (fan would sit where an old northbridge would be with the heatsink above it) and out thru the top exhaust also leaving heaps of clearance for the 30mm wide 200m fan he wants to install
April 20, 2012 10:01:38 PM

Well my question was does anyone have the 912 and a 200mm top fan and does the hyper 212 have any mounting issues with the 200mm fan? Im sure someone has this setup, its obviously a very popular case , cooler and fan, and I want the orientation towards the rear exhaust. Thanks!
April 20, 2012 10:20:16 PM

amy9hollow said:
Well my question was does anyone have the 912 and a 200mm top fan and does the hyper 212 have any mounting issues with the 200mm fan? Im sure someone has this setup, its obviously a very popular case , cooler and fan, and I want the orientation towards the rear exhaust. Thanks!

im sure it will work the 212 isnt that bigger cooler compared to some of the coolers from noctura or thermalright

Best solution

a c 111 ) Power supply
April 20, 2012 10:49:16 PM
Share

amy9hollow said:
Well my question was does anyone have the 912 and a 200mm top fan and does the hyper 212 have any mounting issues with the 200mm fan? Im sure someone has this setup, its obviously a very popular case , cooler and fan, and I want the orientation towards the rear exhaust. Thanks!

I have owned the HAF 912 and 212 EVO before I switched over to the cm 690 ii advanced, I also had a 200mm fan on the top. There were no mounting issues at all.
April 21, 2012 2:46:46 AM

Best answer selected by amy9hollow.
!