Best Gaming PC for Diablo 3 under $1k

ed713

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Hello everyone, im new here and would appreciate a suggestion on a complete custom rig that will run diablo 3 when it is released early 2012. My budget is 1k but if someone here can help me save a few bucks.... maybe a few hundred bucks it will be a big help to me. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Happy New Year!

ed713

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Hello everyone, im new here and would appreciate a suggestion on a complete custom rig that will run diablo 3 when it is released early 2012. My budget is 1k but if someone here can help me save a few bucks.... maybe a few hundred bucks it will be a big help to me. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Happy New Year!

I checked online and the predicted minimum requirements for d3, from diablowiki.net are:

While no information has yet been released about the game's likely system requirements, we do know something about the machines used to run Diablo III demos at Blizzcon and other shows. Some of the system info from the G-Star show in Seoul, Korea in 2010 was found by Korean gaming sites. [1]

CPU: Intel Core i7 870 (45nm, Soket 1156, 2.93GHz)
Motherboard: Intel DH55HC (intel H55)
RAM: EK Memory DDR3 10600 2GBx2EA
Video Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 460 1GB WindForce or ZOTAC GeForce GTX 460 1GB
Hard Drive: Seagate Momentus XT 500GB
Power Supply: Acbel iPower 500
Case: Bestech Guardian
Monitor: Orion TopSync 24
Some photos of the machines during their set up process can be seen below

I was hoping that someone here could comment on the above recommendations or better yet recommend something better thats under $1k. thank you for your time.

tekmage

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
The game will probably run just fine on majority of computers under two years old, but I guess you are looking to run it at max settings? The game is 10 years late, and using an engine from 5-6 years ago, so using $600 budget build that you can find on this website should do the job fine

bdizzle11

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
Do the budget build but add some graphical power would be my best thoughts. They always have good system builder builds, (save the bulldozer one :p) but since you budget is higher maybe go for a better PSU and GPU.