Removing 1 of 2 operating systems

I have Windows Pro installed on both of my hard drives. I
then formatted the slave (D) and left C with windows xp
Pro. Everything works fine except when I boot the
computer it still asks me to pick between operating
systems. If I pick the latter it obviously doesn't work
and asks me to reboot.

How do I get rid of the annoying startup question?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Jason
1 answer Last reply
More about removing operating systems

    Go to Start > Run and type: MSCONFIG , and hit enter.
    Click on the BOOT.INI tab and then click on "Check All Boot Paths"
    to delete incorrect boot paths.

    If the above does not work for you, then:

    Right-click MY COMPUTER and select:

    Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings > Edit

    CAREFULLY edit your boot.ini file to remove the SECOND entry.
    Your boot.ini file should then look similar to this:

    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Jason Maggio" wrote:

    | I have Windows Pro installed on both of my hard drives. I
    | then formatted the slave (D) and left C with windows xp
    | Pro. Everything works fine except when I boot the
    | computer it still asks me to pick between operating
    | systems. If I pick the latter it obviously doesn't work
    | and asks me to reboot.
    |
    | How do I get rid of the annoying startup question?
    |
    | Thanks for any help in advance!
    |
    | Jason

Configuration Systems Customization Windows XP