Sign in with
Your question

G400 problems...or is it?

Last response: in Components
April 20, 2012 6:46:21 AM

hey guys, i'm not sure if a mice problems falls under this category, but we'll see
i'm using a g400 and its worked fine for the past year, but recently i'm having these problems where i can't move the cursor (windows 7) but there is still the red light beneath the mouse, and the Logitech gaming software doesnt detect the mouse neither. i've tried connecting it to a usb 3.0 on the motherboard and the usb port on the back of my Logitech g110 gaming keyboard. Most of the time the cursor stops moving for about 5 secs and goes back to normal and would stop again. this is really annoying when i play fps games. there are some cases where the cursor stops moving entirely and the only solution is resetting the computer.

I've tired reinstalling drivers but the problems remains. i would think its the mouse? or the usb drivers?

More about : g400 problems

April 20, 2012 6:59:59 AM

i had a similar problem when i had my Logitech G5 and then i found out it a was the cable which had become partially severed internally which cause the constant "on and off" dilemma. So try and fiddle with the cable and see if thats not the problem because ive had 2 logitech mice in the past which did last a long time its just that the cables aren't that great but check the cable it might be the problem. If theres any "bent" points in the cable try and straighten them iam not sure if you cable uses rubber cable or that "rope" style cable
m
l
April 20, 2012 10:02:28 AM

Ill give that a try, stay tuned
m
l
Related resources
April 26, 2012 7:11:01 AM

problem din go away, but i heard something about uninstalling and re installing usb drivers. i have to delete some things on the universal serial bus controller on the device manager? this is wat it expands to
-Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller
-Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller
-Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Root Hub
-Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Root Hub
-Generic USB Hub
-Generic USB Hub
-Intel (R) 6 Series/c200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C2D
-Intel (R) 6 Series/c200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26
-USB Composite Device
-USB Composite Device
-USB Composite Device
-USB Composite Device
-USB Root Hub
-USB Root Hub

which ones of these do i uninstall. do i use a ps2 mouse and keyboard when doing this?
m
l
April 27, 2012 10:20:32 AM

Anybody out there?
m
l
April 30, 2012 9:20:56 AM

hey man sorry been busy with work. Have you tried the mouse on a different PC to see if the problem persists? If it happens on a other PC then its the Cable.
m
l
May 7, 2012 10:19:35 AM

yea tell me bout, i've been busy myself. But seems like downgrading the gaming software by one version did the trick
however the problem would still occur but not as much as before, infact i could use it the whole day without it. Still every now and then, so i wanna try the usb uninstalling thingie. so from my list above which do i uninstall?
m
l
!