Sign in with
Your question

I want to render high end graphics images... which processor & mother board

Last response: in CPUs
April 20, 2012 7:16:50 AM

Sir,
I want to render high quality images using Revit of AutoDesk.. Which CPU & Motherboard combination machine should be used to get better and faster result ???

i7 with 4 GB RAM and 600 GB Hard disk..... or
AMD's FX4-4100 CPU with Mother board - M5A88M and 1 TB Harddisk? Or
AMD's FX6-???? CPU with Mother board - M5A88M and 1 TB Harddisk ?

thanks
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
April 20, 2012 7:51:52 AM

You could stand to have a lot of questions answered.

Take a look over these questions and after you answer them, we can help you more: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...

In a nutshell though--I use Revit and AutoDesk on the computer I'm using right now. What you want is:
1) As many cores/threads as possible.
2) The fastest architecture (Today, Sandy Bridge. Come April 23rd, Ivy Bridge.).
3) The fastest clock rate possible.

You also will need to make sure your system is adequately cooled. That's only really an issue if you overclock to give yourself a 30%+ boost on clock rate. Air coolers can do that job just fine.

What you get to do that job all depends on your budget.

I'm using an i7-2600K @ 4.5GHz w/ 8GB of RAM. In two weeks, it'll be 16GB of RAM (when I get some stuff in the mail). It'll cost you around $600 to build a comparable machine. Or as much as you're willing to spend for something better. Even with my machine, it takes overnight (10 hours or so) to render a medium-high quality full-screen image in Revit.

The time it takes to render in Revit depends on your total light sources since it does ray tracing. So if you want to cut your rendering time, limit your light sources and reflectiveness of surfaces.

Anyhow, there's A LOT to consider. And it'll all come down to your budget. Will you be building it yourself?
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
April 20, 2012 7:57:25 AM

3930k+16gb ram
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
April 24, 2012 10:16:05 PM

I assume the OP's not coming back so I'm closing this tab in my browser. PM me if you come back.
m
l
April 30, 2012 1:57:57 PM

Thanks buddy,

I use i7 to render images using Revit... it took 2 days to render a single image... no doubt the model was very heavy... before rendering, I made paging (temporary disk space) more... and it worked better... any way I am planning to buy new machine at all... I am not going to build my self...

Thanks once again and Regards

dalauder said:
You could stand to have a lot of questions answered.

Take a look over these questions and after you answer them, we can help you more: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...

In a nutshell though--I use Revit and AutoDesk on the computer I'm using right now. What you want is:
1) As many cores/threads as possible.
2) The fastest architecture (Today, Sandy Bridge. Come April 23rd, Ivy Bridge.).
3) The fastest clock rate possible.

You also will need to make sure your system is adequately cooled. That's only really an issue if you overclock to give yourself a 30%+ boost on clock rate. Air coolers can do that job just fine.

What you get to do that job all depends on your budget.

I'm using an i7-2600K @ 4.5GHz w/ 8GB of RAM. In two weeks, it'll be 16GB of RAM (when I get some stuff in the mail). It'll cost you around $600 to build a comparable machine. Or as much as you're willing to spend for something better. Even with my machine, it takes overnight (10 hours or so) to render a medium-high quality full-screen image in Revit.

The time it takes to render in Revit depends on your total light sources since it does ray tracing. So if you want to cut your rendering time, limit your light sources and reflectiveness of surfaces.

Anyhow, there's A LOT to consider. And it'll all come down to your budget. Will you be building it yourself?

m
l
!