Sign in with
Your question

Did Afterburner damage my card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 10, 2011 3:53:03 PM

Hello,
So i just built a new gaming computer and I dont really overclock or really know much about it but i installed afterburner and while i was using the sliders i put the core and shader clock to max just to see how high it would go. i then went to go click reset (to put it back to the original numbers) but hit Apply by accident. the screen then bugged out a little bit and my system reset itself. i just want to know if that little mishap could have damaged my card.

MSI N560GTX Ti Twin Frozr II
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2011 4:01:01 PM

Why don't you try to use the system again to check it?
November 10, 2011 4:03:33 PM

well it seems to work fine but Im afraid i might have damaged it in a not immediately noticeable way
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2011 4:05:39 PM

Usually it's not enough to damage the card (I did it already some times when trying to OC)
November 10, 2011 4:07:03 PM

awesome, thanks for reassuring me.

I won't be trying to overclock until this card starts becoming too old for games!!
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2011 4:15:47 PM

It could have, but we don't know. Only way to know is to test it out.

EDIT: i see I'm slow. anyways, overclocking to extend the life is a perfect plan. No reason to overclock now if you are happy with the performance.
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2011 4:16:51 PM

No worries at all...You just set clocks higher than the voltage the card was running could handle so you crashed. If you jacked up the voltage to something crazy, i would say,ya, maybe you hurt your card. You did zero damage buy upping the clocks and not the voltage.
November 10, 2011 8:44:14 PM

^ that is your answer
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2011 9:40:19 PM

No DAMAGE RELAX!!!!
!