Will be gaming and using for other general stuff, Games: bf3 and maybe skyrim

Buying from amazon, ebuyer and other UK sites

At the moment im thinking of buying these parts

Mobo: asus M5A97

CPU: AMD FX-6 6100

RAM: Crucial 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz

Case: Casecom 6788

PSU: Need advice on what to buy

GPU: I have a HD 5450 which i will install first but i will upgrade later when i have the money to do so

Basically i just need help to see if this build is good and whether i should make any changes and advice on which PSU and which wattage i need

I could buy all of the stated components for around £345 all from ebuyer

tlmck

Distinguished
Get a 2x4gb kit of ram instead. 8gb is the sweet spot for 64 bit Windows ans such kits are usually less expensive. The 6,12, etc kits were really designed for the old triple channel Socket 1366 Intel boards, although they will work anywhere. You also do not need fancy heat spreader ram. The plain stuff runs just as well. Good brands are Corsair, Gskill, Geil, Mushkin, etc... If the store has their own branded stuff and they back it up, it may be a better deal.

When you can, I would move up to at least a HD 6850 card.

For PSU, and assuming you get the 6850 card, you would get something in the 450-550 watt range. Just make sure it is at least 80 plus certified. Avoid non-certified PSU's. They are just not worth the gamble. Antec, Corsair, OCZ, and Silverstone are some good brands. Here in the states, Antec is running some really good deals right now.

Patdaly

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

Thanks on the ram advice, done a quick search and realised it was £30 cheaper for 2gb more :eek:

Patdaly

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
is it worth getting 2133mhz ram?, i can afford it but would it be better to put the extra money towards a gpu?

tlmck

Distinguished

No. 1333 ram will be fine.