Zalman Z11 plus case

mattv1993

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I am looking to purchase a new case. My current cooling is not up to scratch, I saw the zalman z11 plus case, and it looks like it has enough cooling with enough fans. My only concern is a intake fan on the side panel to cool the graphics card which it does not have. Is it totally necessary to have that side fan or is the other fans enough cooling for my graphics card? If not can you recommend any other cases that would fit in the price range of the case above.

Thanks

Solution
I just installed this case for myself, just some warnings. removing the front panel requires some needle nose pliers.To install it , it takes some good force. Also removing the top casing has 7 tabs at the top, be very careful when installing it again, as i have bent one tab broke off it. also the top threading hole may get partially covered after having the Mother Board installed, so run your cables through it first then install the MB. Also this may not be a deal breaker, but the 3.0 ports on the front use pass through usb cables to the back of the board, and not the new front panel header. Other than these small installation issues, it is a cool looking and very quiet case.

mrfatbox

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
have not got a z11 but do have the z9 plus and the cooling is first class but that has the side fan if you have a card with good cooling like the frozr 2 or 3 cooling system then would not worry

hefox

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
No, not necessary. If you have a good airflow in the case, you don't need one. Of course, it will help a bit but not necessary to have. Also depends on what video card you have or how many.

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
The Zalman looks like a pretty well cooled case and I like the vents on the top to assist convection cooling (I have the LianLi K59 with a similar set of vents). As long as your fans give good cfm you should be fine.

If you don't want to stick with the Zalman, I suggest Corsair's 400 series or even the Cougar Solution or Evolution cases.

mattv1993

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I have the evga gtx 560 non ti with no special cooling etc so was kind of worried but from what you guys have told me now it seems like it should be a good case for my budget, especially with the amount of fans that come preinstalled

TomaTenku

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
I just installed this case for myself, just some warnings. removing the front panel requires some needle nose pliers.To install it , it takes some good force. Also removing the top casing has 7 tabs at the top, be very careful when installing it again, as i have bent one tab broke off it. also the top threading hole may get partially covered after having the Mother Board installed, so run your cables through it first then install the MB. Also this may not be a deal breaker, but the 3.0 ports on the front use pass through usb cables to the back of the board, and not the new front panel header. Other than these small installation issues, it is a cool looking and very quiet case.

Solution

mattv1993

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012

Thanks for the advice it is definitely noted.

G

How do u take the cover off with the pliers?

TomaTenku

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
The front cover has 6 rubber plugs(3 on each side) that need needle nose pliers to get a good grip and and a little force to push forward away from the case. The top panel has 7 tabs that you can pull back with your finger to remove, although my fingers are a bit smaller, you may need to use those trusty pliers again to pull back the tabs if your fingers don't fit.