MOBO overheating question

youik56

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hi all I'm new to this forum and forums in general. This might not even be the best place for this but It's the only forum I ever look at. Just recently build my first PC a
few months ago and everything has been great. Just this morning thou before work
I was getting MOBO overheating warnings. Up until now I haven't had any cooling issues even under full stress. I have no idea where to even begin to try and fix this. Anyone ever have a similar problem? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Specs:
MOBO: Sabertooth Z77
CPU: Intel 2700k OC @ 4.3
GPU: Geforce GTX 680
Cooling: Zalman CNPS9500A-LED 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
Case: Antec Eleven Hundred (any good water cooling suggestions for this cast would
be cool. It's horrible if you want to put a h100)

knightdog56

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong but your processor is a socket 1155 and your Zalman cooler is for a socket 1156? A Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo CPU cooler will fit the case but don't know your memory configuration, (if all memory slots are populated) could be clearence issues.

1155, 1156 same mounts not an issue.
I am curious about your case cooling situation - how many fans, how are they configured, motherboard overheating is not a common error (that I've seen). I am going to suggest you might try pulling the mini fans out of the mobo and blow out the underside of the dust panel to give it as good of cleaning as possible - I'm suspecting dust bunnies may have invaded your dust cover (ironic I think)
Just what I'm thinking off hand here