Asus p8z77-v lx, not posting to monitor. DRAM LED light flashing red

jtylr123

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Hello everyone, I need help with starting my computer
I built a computer and its my first build.
The components are:
Asus p8z77-v lx motherboard
8gb Corsair Ram 2 x 4 GB DDR3
Intel core i5 3350p CPU
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2gb OC edition
Corsair 500w power supply
half a gb hdd western digi caviar blue

When I turn the Compter on it does not post to the monitor, I am running it through a HDMi, all fans and components are running and mainly all looks good, The problem is that the DRAM LED light is flashing red, When i Hold the MemOk button for 3 seconds it turns the computer off. I have checked that the RAM is fully clipped in over 10 times and have took it out of the slots and back in.

I need help on what to do and how to fix this problems as I have ran out of ideas and the asus helpline was dreadful and blamed my monitor.

Thanks for any upcoming help I will be very grateful

Hi,
The CPU requires the 0610 BIOS version. There's a barcode sticker on the motherboard.
The last 4 digits stand for the board's BIOS version.
Have you tried starting the board with only one RAM stick inserted?

jtylr123

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
What do you mean about the BIOS how do I do anything to do with BIOS without seeing anything on the monitor?
And also I have tried with one RAM stick and it is exactly the same

Thanks for helping

On the motherboard (right side) there's a narrow sticker (with a barcode).
The last 4 digits on that sticker stand for the board's original BIOS version.
If older than 0610 then there are some options, but firstly check it.

Then the CPU is supported and it should work.
Try taking the board outside the case and test again with a minimum configuration.
Install single RAM module in each slot and test.
If still the same, try reinstalling the CPU and check the CPU socket for bent pins.

jtylr123

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
what do i need to plug in outside of the case? As it is turning on for 1 second when i switched it on? I have plugged in 1 ram stick, the cpu, graphics card, power supply and the case power suppliers (power switch, reset sw etc.)

jtylr123

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
ok silly me, i plugged in the motherboard and turned it on. I have one stick in the blue ram slot closest to the cpu, when i turned on the computer the DRAM light flashed once and thats it? What does this mean?

jtylr123

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Even if it flashes once red? what do you mean by installed, how can i install them without a monitor?
thanks for your replies

jtylr123

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
yh there are dvi and VGA pors, unfortunately i dont have a cable for these ports, could that be the problem? the hdmi?

I've seen cases where the monitor would not show any image until Windows loaded.
When starting the board, do the DVD and HDD drives show activity (DVD drive led flashing, HDD noise)? Are all CPU, GPU and case fans spinning?

batikan

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Hi,

I have the exact same problem with nearly same configuration. Sometimes monitor goes on when i start the computer and sometimes i can't get video display. My mobo's driver version is 1502. What can I do about it?

batikan

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Hi thanks for your reply,

It's DVI. I'm using Win. 7. My graphic card is Zotac geforce gtx 660. I've updated it to latest driver. I have tried to connect the monitor to onboard DVI connector when i'm having this problem too but it didn't help. When I click to the power button, fans start to spin and it seems that everything works as expected but monitor doesn't show anything. Starting, shutting, starting again, shutting again... and nothing on the monitor. So I think after the fifth time I have shut the computer, I pushed power button again and voila: ASUS screen.

9 days passed since I buy the computer and parts were assembled by technicians. There was no problem for the first couple of days. Screen never goes off when i am using it. And only for one time, I got a warning on ASUS screen. Something like that: "VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver."

Your ideas will be very much appreciated.

batikan

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Hi it just gets weirder,

I was writing previous posts from that computer. I have shut it down to try what you have said. Pushed to the power botton to check again, without doing any changes, but computer didn't start. Nothing happened. I have pushed that button for at least 10-12 times, shut power supply's current and opened again, but nothing happened. Mobo's led light is continuously green. 1-2 days ago something like that happened for once, but it started after 2-3 pushs so I didn't think it can be a hardware problem. I thought I could'nt push it rightly.

Power Supply is Thermaltake litepower 700.

I'm brooding on now. :(

UPDATE: It works again. I don't understand why...