HELP!! Over spinning GPU

Lawrencestevens

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Everything was working good this morning and then my pc froze. So I restarted my PC and everything was good for about 10 minutes and then it froze again when I restarted it again my GPU was over spinning and I got no post and no beeps! Is this my motherboard?

It might be. What motherboard?
Try starting it with a minimum configuration (one RAM stick, GPU, DVD drive, keyboard an RAM). No other PCI or USB devices. Is there a case speaker (buzzer) connected?

Lawrencestevens

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Motherboard is ASUS M5A97. I just tried with low configuration and still no post. Case speaker? I have the beeper connect for the beep test but im getting no beeps

If starting the board with only CPU and CPU fan installed and getting no beeps, then it's either the board or the CPU (I don't think it's a power supply issue in this case - I suppose the CPU fan is spinning when starting the board).
If still under warranty, I would RMA both motherboard and CPU.

Lawrencestevens

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
I don't have another power supply. Ive had this set up for about 6 months now and I've had no problem and I get the green power light on the motherboard to show I have power. Also I've tried a different CPU from a different pc that works and the GPU still over spins and no post and no beeps