6970 stutters in skyrim

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • CPUs
  • Skyrim
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 10, 2011 10:04:45 PM

I'm running a gigabyte 6970 oc2 model overclocked to 920mhz, running on the auto detected settings for skyrim (ultra) i get a fair bit of stuttering frames. I noticed my cpu barely comes out of idle states while playing skyrim, usually its between 1.6ghz and 2.2ghz though when it goes max out it's overclocked to 4.5ghz. Could it be my cpu not running full ball or is my gpu just bottlenecking. I'm running catalyst 11.9 because 11.10 wasn't installing properly for me. Should my 6970 be able to handle skyrim maxed? I play battlefield maxed and that games alot prettier

More about : 6970 stutters skyrim

November 10, 2011 10:18:32 PM

You might have to wait a bit for some nice drivers and a few patches to get rid of the stuttering.
Score
a c 219 à CPUs
November 10, 2011 10:23:22 PM

I think you want to be running the latest drivers for your card , they put out those drivers for a reason and it's so the gpu can render the game properly without any problems. All games when they are released have to get patches and the cards have to get new drivers so everything can run smoothly.
What is the problem that you can't run the catalyst 11.10 drivers.
Score
Related resources
November 11, 2011 12:21:08 AM

Ok so I think i made things worse. When i try installing 11.10 it downloads, extracts the file the at the point where you click either install or uninstall i click install and the program just disappears like its crashed or something. So i thought i should remove my old drivers first, i used driver sweeper because add/remove programs wasn't able to remove catalyst. Now i have no driver installed and 11.10 is still not installing, exact same issue. What would cause the drivers installer to crash?
Score
November 11, 2011 12:46:11 AM

Windows just told me apparently its a problem to do with visual studios 2005 or something. I tried downloading the fix that it linked me to, but that fix had the same problem it keeps crashing before it installs
Score
November 11, 2011 1:02:22 AM

Ok so turns out as with most things it was user error. I had visual c++ 2010 express install but hadn't registered it, as soon as i did it let me install catalyst 11.10 /facepalm now lets see if that fixed my stuttering
Score
November 11, 2011 1:11:29 AM

Yeah, I have the same issue. ATI user here (for the moment).

I'm on 11.10's stuttering is still there.
Score
November 11, 2011 1:12:47 AM

Ive been having the same problem Ijust system restored to when I had drivers at least but not catalyst won't open and I get the display stopped responding error.
I have visual Basic 2010 express installed how do I register it?
Score
November 11, 2011 2:07:37 AM

It's low fps, I have 2x 6970's for the moment and I see about 35 fps on one card and 25 on two.

ATI...I am disappoint.
Score
a b à CPUs
November 11, 2011 3:56:59 AM

You are going to need the latest Crossfire profiles (CAP) and being it was JUST released a few minutes ago, they might not be updated for Skyrim just yet. I noticed Nvidia just released some beta drivers today, so things doesn't seem as if everything was in place before it's release.
Score
a c 94 à CPUs
November 11, 2011 3:57:51 AM

Stef1_1 said:
It's low fps, I have 2x 6970's for the moment and I see about 35 fps on one card and 25 on two.

ATI...I am disappoint.

dont get disappointed at AMD get disappointed at yourself, they havnt releases a crossfire profile or updated drivers yet. Chances are you also have a poor cpu and you have some setting on that is killing performance but you dont want to put in any effort to make it work. People that dont want to have to change any settings to make things work should be playing a console.
Score
November 11, 2011 4:39:20 AM

you can max out skryim with 6970
Score
November 11, 2011 5:13:39 AM

benikens said:
Should my 6970 be able to handle skyrim maxed? I play battlefield maxed and that games alot prettier

Um, I'm running the MSI 6970 Lightning 940/1375 and I can certainly play BF3 on High with frames to spare, but maxed (read, Ultra) @ 1920x1200 is just this side of playable. Borderline 30-40 fps, with a few dips into the 28-29 area. So unless you consider barely 30FPS playable, then I want to know what you're doing differently. Unless you turn off MSAA, which is in fact not Ultra anymore, but Custom. I have...

i7 920 @ 4.2 HT Enabled (Prime95 stable for 72 hours straight on high heat setting)
6GB of Corsair DOMINATOR GT Triple channel PC2000 6-6-6-18
MSI 6970 Lightning (stock, can't seem to push it more than a few mhz past without issues, but stock is rock solid)
Asus P6TD Deluxe
BF3 (and soon Skyrim) are located on an OCZ Vertex 2 SATA II SSD
Antec 750W so I know I have enough power for a single card setup

Don't mean to hijack this thread but 30 FPS is not 'playable'. Cat 11.10.
Score
November 11, 2011 6:37:38 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
dont get disappointed at AMD get disappointed at yourself, they havnt releases a crossfire profile or updated drivers yet. Chances are you also have a poor cpu and you have some setting on that is killing performance but you dont want to put in any effort to make it work. People that dont want to have to change any settings to make things work should be playing a console.

Honestly, check my BF3 thread. Then you will hate AMD.

Also my CPU is poor quality? i7 at 4.00ghz?

Cool.
Score
November 11, 2011 6:47:15 AM

bystander said:
You are going to need the latest Crossfire profiles (CAP) and being it was JUST released a few minutes ago, they might not be updated for Skyrim just yet. I noticed Nvidia just released some beta drivers today, so things doesn't seem as if everything was in place before it's release.

I see no new cap profiles? Just 11.9 cap 4's.
Score
November 11, 2011 8:09:15 AM

6950 here and it plays Skyrim on Full Ultra @FullHD at 62fps on average. Put fraps on and it drops to an even 30fps.

With BF3 Full Ultra @FullHD I get 53fps on average. Put on fraps and it drops to 30fps.

No overclocks anywhere on my system.
Score
November 11, 2011 11:03:24 AM

Gumption said:
6950 here and it plays Skyrim on Full Ultra @FullHD at 62fps on average. Put fraps on and it drops to an even 30fps.

With BF3 Full Ultra @FullHD I get 53fps on average. Put on fraps and it drops to 30fps.

No overclocks anywhere on my system.

What are you smoking? 62 fps on ultra? Even people with GTX 580 dont get that fps. And btw the game has max fps of 60 so I dont know how you get 62... I love lying people...

BF3 - 53 fps on ultra? GTX580 SLI does that.

I have a feeling you think you lose fps by just enabling fraps, you lose fps when u start recording so ur real fps is 30 then...
Score
a b à CPUs
November 11, 2011 2:11:25 PM

He never mentioned anything about resolution...

With 470 in SLI, at the start, I was getting around 45 FPS on ultra at 1080p, but I turned it down to high with 3D vision and maintained 45-60 FPS.

Check out this: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/skyrim-performance-...

It would appear he's not lying.
Score
November 11, 2011 5:27:09 PM

I'm running
i5-760 2.8Ghz -> 4.1Ghz
4GB Ram
Radeon 6950 flashed to 6970, overclocked slightly to 900mhz/1440mhz

Only played for about an hour, but running fraps the game runs at around 35-42fps in city areas, and about 60fp out in the wilderness

1920x1080
4x AA
8x AF
FXAA: Unchecked

Texture: High
Radial Blur: Medium
Shadow: Ultra
Decal: Ultra

Water: all 4 boxes checked off
View Distance: Default

I'm running the Rage drivers

I'll have to play it more but i suspect during most fights especially near the city - ill be goin at aroun 30-35fps
Score
November 11, 2011 6:10:44 PM

arathad said:
What are you smoking? 62 fps on ultra? Even people with GTX 580 dont get that fps. And btw the game has max fps of 60 so I dont know how you get 62... I love lying people...

I have a feeling you think you lose fps by just enabling fraps, you lose fps when u start recording so ur real fps is 30 then...

You can disable V-Sync with a .ini tweak.

As far as the 6970 is concerned, check out this performance preview:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/11/11/elder_scrolls...

There are lots of issues with the 6970 when compared to the GTX 580, the reviewer believes it to be mostly driver issues.
Score
a b à CPUs
November 11, 2011 10:05:50 PM

Is everyone here serious or just a troll?? I am running a pcs+ 6970 @ ultra 1080p setting for Skyrim i5 2500k 4.5 Ghz. The game is running beautifully and smooth! Catalyst 11.10. Had no problems with BF3 either, so either you got a bad card or just do know jack about hardware software orientations!
Score
a b à CPUs
November 12, 2011 12:05:55 AM

redeemer said:
Is everyone here serious or just a troll?? I am running a pcs+ 6970 @ ultra 1080p setting for Skyrim i5 2500k 4.5 Ghz. The game is running beautifully and smooth! Catalyst 11.10. Had no problems with BF3 either, so either you got a bad card or just do know jack about hardware software orientations!

The problem is the ones who aren't having a good experience are likely on slow CPU's. Your CPU is an seriously overclocked Sandy bridge. The problem comes in with the AMD CPU's and Core2duos.
Score
November 12, 2011 12:48:45 PM

What everyone seems to be missing here is the core of almost all fps issues when gaming with a semi decent rig. Please note, every pc is as good as its weakest component. If you have a decent gpu, CPU, RAM, MB, etc, then 9 times out of 10 it's your HDD... Unless your HDD is a SSD or 10000rpm WD raptor (which will nly give you 33% more than most) its your shitty 7200 HDD causing all you issues. Think of it as a connected system, where the weakest component bottle necks the rest.

Also your overriding graphics config (sli, xfire, CDC settings etc) can affect your gpu. Although if your gpu, CPU etc can cache, R/W etc though ram to the HDD faster than the HDD can respond and act, again that's your HDD's problem..... unless you have no idea about the associated drivers and software.

Also ensure when you update your gfx driver you do a clean sweep. Especially with ati. Oh, don't forget the files they store in the registry too.

One more thing.., sorry. The components temperature dramatically affects performance. Especially gpu. So make sure it's not over heating more than specec on full load.

BR
Electronic engineer
Score
November 12, 2011 12:53:14 PM

What everyone seems to be missing here is the core of almost all fps issues when gaming with a semi decent rig. Please note, every pc is as good as its weakest component. If you have a decent gpu, CPU, RAM, MB,psu etc, then 9 times out of 10 it's your HDD... Unless your HDD is a SSD or 10000rpm WD raptor (which will only give you 33% more than most) its your shitty 7200 HDD causing all you issues. Think of it as a connected system, where the weakest component bottle necks the rest.

Also your overriding graphics config (sli, xfire, CCC settings etc) can affect your gpu. Although if your gpu, CPU etc can cache, R/W etc though ram to the HDD faster than the HDD can respond and act, again that's your HDD's problem..... unless you have no idea about the associated drivers and software.

Also ensure when you update your gfx driver you do a clean sweep. Especially with ati. Oh, don't forget the files they store in the registry too.

One more thing.., sorry. The components temperature dramatically affects performance. Especially gpu. So make sure it's not over heating more than specec on full load.

There is more than this to consider, but it's a start.
Score
November 12, 2011 1:29:48 PM

I have an i7-2600k @ 4.8GHz, 16gb of ram and 2x 6970s in crossfire (not oc'd yet). System runs on its own 60gb SSD and all games are installed on a separate 120GB SSD. Guess what? I get stuttering in skyrim with crossfire enabled. Disable crossfire and my FPS goes up slightly, still stutters occasionally.

Catalyst 11.10 and CAP 11.9. I only posted because it irks me when people give false information like 'its your cpu'. Clearly that isn't the case. What we need to wait for is a new driver set, and for crossfire a new CAP. That will fix these issues.

Get your facts straight people.

Score
November 12, 2011 1:57:20 PM

not sure about you guys but bf3 is very much playable at 30 fps which I get at ultra minus MSAA.
Score
a b à CPUs
November 12, 2011 2:44:46 PM

Verloren said:
I have an i7-2600k @ 4.8GHz, 16gb of ram and 2x 6970s in crossfire (not oc'd yet). System runs on its own 60gb SSD and all games are installed on a separate 120GB SSD. Guess what? I get stuttering in skyrim with crossfire enabled. Disable crossfire and my FPS goes up slightly, still stutters occasionally.

Catalyst 11.10 and CAP 11.9. I only posted because it irks me when people give false information like 'its your cpu'. Clearly that isn't the case. What we need to wait for is a new driver set, and for crossfire a new CAP. That will fix these issues.

Get your facts straight people.

Based on this review and others like it, the cause of the low FPS for most people with a 6970 is the CPU: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/skyrim-performance-...

It's not a matter of not having our facts straight, you just have another issue. That said, crossfire isn't working correctly with the game, yet. That'll take a CAP update by AMD. You may also have other issues, like SSD firmware, memory or some other issue all together.
Score
November 12, 2011 3:04:18 PM

arathad said:

Dude Skyrim over 60fps at 1920 x 1080 is very easy, its not Metro 2033. Get your facts right and BF3 at 53 fps is no big deal either.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/skyrim-performance-...
Score
November 12, 2011 7:37:08 PM

My hardware again, for easy reference:

i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
6GB Corsair Triple Channel PC2000 Dominator GT
MSI 6970 Lightning @stock
Skyrim and BF3 loaded on SSD with a confirmed 230MB avg read time (second gen, not third, computer is a little old but still blazing fast).

I run Skyrim at Ultra settings, 1920x1200, every option on and to the max. Including tree shadows and increased water reflections that aren't normally turned on, even on ultra. I just used fraps to benchmark, I ran through Riverwood at night, across the bridge into the wilderness, looked around, cast some spells, then ran back into town. Minimum 45, Maximum 62, Avg 56 FPS. Oh yeah, I don't stutter either. Ever. (Other than one time towards the end of the first dungeon where you learn your first words of power, a reboot fixed it, haven't seen it since).

When you guys are talking about Ultra in BF3...I don't get it. BF3 is about 5% CPU, 95% GPU. And who the HELL turns off MSAA and considers it Ultra? Of COURSE I could play on Ultra without MSAA, but WHO THE )&*# wants to?
Score
November 12, 2011 7:42:40 PM

arathad said:

Um, I've seen a friends dual 580 setup (the 1580MB versions) pull off 70-110 in intense multiplayer BF3 combat. With my own eyes. You sir are not well versed on the subject.
Score
a b à CPUs
November 12, 2011 7:54:24 PM

Axim said:

i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
Skyrim and BF3 loaded on SSD with a confirmed 230MB avg read time (second gen, not third, computer is a little old but still blazing fast).

I run Skyrim at Ultra settings, 1920x1200, every option on and to the max. Including tree shadows and increased water reflections that aren't normally turned on, even on ultra. I just used fraps to benchmark, I ran through Riverwood at night, across the bridge into the wilderness, looked around, cast some spells, then ran back into town. Minimum 45, Maximum 62, Avg 56 FPS. Oh yeah, I don't stutter either. Ever. (Other than one time towards the end of the first dungeon where you learn your first words of power, a reboot fixed it, haven't seen it since).

When you guys are talking about Ultra in BF3...I don't get it. BF3 is about 5% CPU, 95% GPU. And who the HELL turns off MSAA and considers it Ultra? Of COURSE I could play on Ultra without MSAA, but WHO THE )&*# wants to?

I actually play quite a lot without MSAA. I find with 3D vision, and HD3D that jaggies don't bother me. I think it's because when you meld the two images together in your mind, your mind corrects it to some degree (and the jaggies are at different points in both images).
Score
November 12, 2011 8:12:26 PM

bystander said:
I actually play quite a lot without MSAA. I find with 3D vision, and HD3D that jaggies don't bother me. I think it's because when you meld the two images together in your mind, your mind corrects it to some degree (and the jaggies are at different points in both images).

Having never tried those particular technologies, I can't comment, but I would (safely) assume you are in the minority. I'm pretty sure most people are still playing on a good ol' fashioned 2D monitor. In which case turning off MSAA is a major quality degradation.
Score
November 13, 2011 6:43:10 AM

.... so yeah thread just went abit nuts. If you wanna argue over performance and benchmarks do it elsewhere. The problem was drivers with 11.10 its running maxed out perfect. I've never actually checked fps however i find my BF3 on ultra to be very playable so It doesn't concern me much if you believe so.

Also this was not anything to do with a cpu issue, I'm running an i7-2600k @ 4.5ghz. Skyrim is installed on a mechanical hdd, my WD caviar black 2TB and my loading times are wicked so i don't feel the need to stick it on my SSD.
Score
November 13, 2011 9:54:52 AM

Axim said:
Um, I've seen a friends dual 580 setup (the 1580MB versions) pull off 70-110 in intense multiplayer BF3 combat. With my own eyes. You sir are not well versed on the subject.

Dude, you dont know what you are talking about, I can pull of 70 fps even on my HD6950, it REALLY depends on the map and number of people and EVEN on the situation. Because people can be spread around the map and in some situations most of these 64 players can gather around same objective with 20 vehicles etc... So get your *** together, these benchmarks present nothing at all.

I even read some site which claimed that you dont need a good CPU at all for BF3 and only a good gfx card because they tested the game in noncpu intensive areas and probably not even on a 64 player server. Their benchmark tests reported 1-2 fps differences between sandy bridge and phenom IIs so that tells you something.

People, most of these links with benchmarks you give here are not done properly, BF3 can run 60 fps all the time but in a big cluster**** 64 match when most of people run towards same objectives with 8 tanks at the same place it will slow down.

And if you consider anything other than a 4,5 ghz sandy bridge a slow CPU for a shitty console port which is skyrim then I feel bad for you. This game should fly on a dual core. I Have a Phenom II x4 965 and HD6950 and on ultra I get 25 fps in cities. With shadows on high I get a little more fps, I tried various settings and even everything on medium detail only achieves something like 37 fps in cities in some points. And then the game looks worse than console version.

People talking about vsynced 60 fps are probably talking about outside world, far away from any city, because I too have 60 fps there.

Score
November 13, 2011 3:08:11 PM

I HAVE FOUND A FIX(On another site...im posting it here because this website was one of my first google results).

I run the same setup and got the same jittering.

The issue is that AA is turned on in the game and its not working well that way.
The fix is easy.
Turn off BOTH AA settings in Skyrim, and go to your CCC and turn your AA on and at full blast.
Also set the mode to "Enhance application settings".
After that reboot and jump in the game.

Game looks great.
Score

Best solution

a c 94 à CPUs
November 13, 2011 11:44:27 PM

ok, get back on track people - " I noticed my cpu barely comes out of idle states while playing skyrim, usually its between 1.6ghz and 2.2ghz though when it goes max out it's overclocked to 4.5ghz." < @OP - thats the problem, so look into fixing that. Disable speedstep or any other power management crap in BIOS and try the game again.
November 14, 2011 5:03:10 AM

Axim said:

i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz

FYI,MSAA is actually worse than post processing AA as NVIDIA themselves stated that it only corrects jaggies on some cars and guns whereas post process AA can be applied on any scene with success.Besides the feature seems a little unoptimised like 4XMSAA in metro 2033.I am rocking ultra settings without MSAA getting about 30 fps and enabling just 2XMSAA drops my fps to 15.Even crysis's msaa was not this bad :lol: 
Score
a b à CPUs
November 14, 2011 1:01:29 PM

celpas said:
FYI,MSAA is actually worse than post processing AA as NVIDIA themselves stated that it only corrects jaggies on some cars and guns whereas post process AA can be applied on any scene with success.Besides the feature seems a little unoptimised like 4XMSAA in metro 2033.I am rocking ultra settings without MSAA getting about 30 fps and enabling just 2XMSAA drops my fps to 15.Even crysis's msaa was not this bad :lol: 

Post process AA, like MLAA and FXAA are not necessarily better, and in my opinion, they are clearly worse. Most reviewers consider them worse, at least MLAA. The reason is that post process AA doesn't know where objects are and make assumptions. This causes things to get AA that shouldn't, like text and usually causes a lot of blurring.

The best AA is SSAA. It applies to textures and edges, but utilizes info about objects to make sure it only works with the right stuff.
Score
November 14, 2011 2:09:41 PM

So I just fixed my stuttering issue, maybe this will help you guys. I turned of AA in the settings menu and turn on FXAA and things are much better now. The game still looks great, with little to no jaggies. Here's what I'm running

Core i5 2500k 3.3GHz
HD 6950
8 gigs of ram
plain 'ol 7200 rpm HDD

No overclocking.

Hope this helps someone.
Score
a b à CPUs
November 14, 2011 2:20:43 PM

Just to throw it out there:

OP - iam2thecrowe is right, your CPU should be getting up to speed not at it's idle clock. That definitely seems like a big issue.

As for general performance in Skyrim on AMD, I'm running single 5850 and getting around 60 fps on Ultra with custom config to increase some settings. CFX does not work at all at this time so I advice disabling it. Also the biggest performance hit has to do with shadows (even though they look like blocky ***). I was able to increase view/render distances and many texture sizes and it's at 8xMSAA 16xAF 4xMSAA on water with reflections and such enabled.... anyway it runs pretty well.

If you guys want improved graphics check out DNA custom config generator:
http://donotargue.com/cfg-makers/skyrim/

If you have high end hardware I recommend setting DNA Extreme. Although with 1gb cards don't set the shadowmapresolution to 8192... I ran out of VRAM and it goes 1fps lol. I also didn't bother maxing out view distances but I did increase them a bit above Ultra.

EDIT: Oh and also, enabling Super Sampling AA in CCC will hugely reduce performance! I recommend going straight MSAA, as adaptive MSAA will cause issues with textures/npcs/walls going see-through.
Score
November 14, 2011 2:45:32 PM

benikens said:
I'm running a gigabyte 6970 oc2 model overclocked to 920mhz, running on the auto detected settings for skyrim (ultra) i get a fair bit of stuttering frames. I noticed my cpu barely comes out of idle states while playing skyrim, usually its between 1.6ghz and 2.2ghz though when it goes max out it's overclocked to 4.5ghz. Could it be my cpu not running full ball or is my gpu just bottlenecking. I'm running catalyst 11.9 because 11.10 wasn't installing properly for me. Should my 6970 be able to handle skyrim maxed? I play battlefield maxed and that games alot prettier

I am disappointed that I purchased a Radeon GPU, as their lack of driver support has been disgusting. Rage still isn't supported like it should be, and neither is Skyrim upon its release. This seems to be a pretty common occurance from AMD recently. It forces those of us who purchased at AMD GPU to wait past the release date in order for us to play these games, whereas nVidia users are constantly getting great driver support. I wish I would have purchased from a company that supports their hardware and customers. I've seen this frustration across the web now, so I want to do something to get AMD's attention. I am no longer going to purchase AMD/ATI products, so I've started this petition saying so. Please sign if you are also fed-up with AMDs hardware support -- that we spent our hard-earned money on.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nomoreati/
Score
November 14, 2011 2:46:30 PM

Stef1_1 said:

ATI...I am disappoint.

I am disappointed that I purchased a Radeon GPU, as their lack of driver support has been disgusting. Rage still isn't supported like it should be, and neither is Skyrim upon its release. This seems to be a pretty common occurance from AMD recently. It forces those of us who purchased at AMD GPU to wait past the release date in order for us to play these games, whereas nVidia users are constantly getting great driver support. I wish I would have purchased from a company that supports their hardware and customers. I've seen this frustration across the web now, so I want to do something to get AMD's attention. I am no longer going to purchase AMD/ATI products, so I've started this petition saying so. Please sign if you are also fed-up with AMDs hardware support -- that we spent our hard-earned money on.

Score
November 14, 2011 7:55:26 PM

tatchley87 said:

Why are you assuming its the graphic drivers? Read my post and see if it changes anything for you....I was able to fix the issue with a simple fix. Turn off AA in the game and turn it on in your CCC settings. Also there are other users and people saying a game patch for this is to be released soon. Its not ATI/AMD thats the problem. Even if it was...the price/performance ratio of ATI cards(unless something has changed) is a factor in buying them. I guess the extra you pay Nvidia goes toward the support.
Score
November 14, 2011 9:13:17 PM

tatchley87 said:

Um, 6970 here, got Skyrim the minute it was released, had it installed less than an hour later. I am using drivers I installed two weeks ago (read: before Skyrim launched). Game runs flawlessly. It isn't your driver, and jumping to conclusions just makes you sound stupid. GG nVidia fanboy.
Score
November 14, 2011 9:19:35 PM

Axim said:
Um, 6970 here, got Skyrim the minute it was released, had it installed less than an hour later. I am using drivers I installed two weeks ago (read: before Skyrim launched). Game runs flawlessly. It isn't your driver, and jumping to conclusions just makes you sound stupid. GG nVidia fanboy.

Read this. I'm not jumping to conclusions or making this up. Man, you forum users are mean (I'm kinda new here, but I've been accused of being stupid several times. And I'm not.
Score
a b à CPUs
November 14, 2011 9:41:54 PM

tatchley87 said:

Read this. I'm not jumping to conclusions or making this up. Man, you forum users are mean (I'm kinda new here, but I've been accused of being stupid several times. And I'm not.

I'm not sure how to take that review because a of a couple things. 1) It's done at 2560x1600, meaning it needs a ton of power, and 2) crossfire doesn't work, while SLI does. It would be better to see a review done with a single 6970 at a normal resolution.

That said, my 470's experience a bit of mouse lag at the main menu. It's slight, but there. It seems to be related to graphics performance, as when I turn it up to ultra, it's bad. (I play in 3D vision, so it puts a bit more strain on the system).
Score
November 14, 2011 10:30:43 PM

tatchley87 said:

I created an account to help people that had the same issue as me.
I'm trying to help. You will have to do some steps to temporarily fix the issue, but if you follow the instructions it should work. I spent all morning on 11-11 to figure it out and someone finally posted a fix that worked for me. Try this fix out and let me know if it works.
Score
November 14, 2011 11:23:24 PM

Best answer selected by benikens.
Score
November 14, 2011 11:25:52 PM

I'm not bothering to read the junk people are posting on this thread i choose a best answer from one of the few people who kept on track, I think you were right with my idle cpu contributing I just reset bios before, haven't redone my overclock yet but its running at stock rated speeds ~3.4 now and no longer idling during gameplay.

I'm hoping a mod closes this thread. /sigh
Score
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest
!