Hard Drive Installation HELP!

kreek

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
I'm building my PC right now actually and have a question about the hard drive. The mounting slider thing that slides into the hard drive bay and snaps in to secure the hard drive, it's black. So you know what I'm talking about. Well, my case the HAF 912 came with one of those and a bunch of little side ones that snap onto the side of the hard drive and slides in. Now do I combine the two somehow? It doesn't seem like I do. Do I snap two of the little black slider things into the side of the hard drive and then slide it in and let it lock in place? Or do I sit the hard drive in the little slider thing and just slide it in? I was thinking it was the second one however it doesn't just pop on and seems like you need to use one of the little side snapper things. So I didn't use the thing it sits in, I just snapped two of the things on the side of it and slid it in. Did I do this right?

vx53c

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
tricky question. I think i know what you are talking about even though i don't own this case and never worked with it. Put the slider brackets on the side of your hdd where the screw holes are, slide it in and after it snaps in place you are good to go.
The hdd has to be securely still in your case, so make sure it doesn't just stand on the sliders but is actually a part of the whole rig.