Mini HDMI damaged port

davemaster84

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Hi guys, recently my TV satelital antenna go hit by a lightning and seems like it went trough the reciever, the hdmi ports, the tv and at the end my gtx 460 mini hdmi port, why should I think that? Well one of the HDMI tv ports is damaged and the mini hdmi port stopped working as well. Since I have 2 gtx 460's in sli I just moved the cables to the another one (the dvi port was working tho) and it's perfectly ok and the sli works fine. What I really wonder is if I should be worried about the mini hdmi port been damaged, that because the TV technician came today and he told me I should get the TV's video card fixed or the gamae will spread and damage the tv completly, so I wonder (if it's true and not some crazy story) that it could happen to my card too.

Thanks guys!

Passerbuy

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013

The Mac Mini has a faulty HDMI Port with Intel`s chip. Both Apple and Intel have owned up to this one. There is a download on Apple`s site EFI Firmware 1.7 Update that suppose to fix this problem,but from what I have heard it does not work. One guy said I might as well use it has a doorstop. It works OK with the Firewire port and the Thunderbolt port. That`s the answer. I have been told buy two tech guy`s to wait till Apple announces it`s updates for Christmas. I am using a Mac Mini off 2007 also the iMac has a screen fault. You can go to there site it`s called DirtyScreens.comI wish you luck. Passerbuy