Sign in with
Your question

ATI Catalyst

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 11, 2011 1:10:47 AM

Ok,so I tried installing 11.10 Final I uninstalled EVERYTHING, did the usually b4 a driver update, and when it came to install it the installer doesn't open after I set the language and press install.To make matters worse I've started getting “Display driver stopped responding and has recovered” Multiple times and most lead to a blue screen.I restored and now I have the 11.10 preview3 installed but it doesn't open and i have the display stopped responding error also. I can't open anything that involves use of a graphics card otherwise I would get the display error.I also installed the latest windows updates.

Edit:Also computer crashes and or blue screens with any Gpu involved thing.

Anyone got suggestions or similar problems?

More about : ati catalyst

November 11, 2011 1:42:05 AM

Just do an express uninstall of the current CCC drivers and install the stable ones (whether it's the beta or the final release).
Display driver issue is more related to a windows bug when the drivers fail to work properly.

Also, make sure that you have the latest updated Win Installer, C++, .NetFrameWork.
m
l
November 11, 2011 11:18:21 AM

Yea I did that i made sure ALL Ati drivers where gone and end the end when i was going to install 11.10 it wouldn't let me
it just closes after I click install.
Just Tried uninstalling the drivers I just get a blue screen whenever I do.
m
l
Related resources
November 11, 2011 12:07:28 PM

I uninstalled all amd products,rebooted,used driver sweepers and removed all drivers left,rebooted scanned for any drivers left,none where left,then I ran the Catalyst installer and again the same problem it closed after I click install.
Edit:Keeps saying it didn't run corrrectly
m
l
November 11, 2011 5:34:42 PM

Finally got it to start installing after drive sweeping all display and amd stuff.
Problem now is the installation hangs on "Enumerating source media for intallable packages..."
Help!

EDIT: ok I fixed the hanging now it says Cli.implemention/Mon.implentations cannot find file specified.
m
l
November 11, 2011 10:52:34 PM

So, move on the hard step and do a fresh install to Windows, ensure all updates are made then install the latest CCC
m
l
!