Sign in with
Your question

NVIDIA Graphic Card problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 11, 2011 1:36:04 AM

My NVIDIA graphics card stops working and then recovers. My computer also hangs up and I have no way to recover except to manually shut down and then reboot.
a b Î Nvidia
a c 141 U Graphics card
November 11, 2011 3:54:05 AM

does it happen frequently? you can try re-installing the driver or get the latest driver and see if that solved the problem
November 17, 2011 11:02:27 PM

renz496 said:
does it happen frequently? you can try re-installing the driver or get the latest driver and see if that solved the problem

It happens once or twice a day. I have tried to update the driver but the one I have is the latest.
Related resources
November 17, 2011 11:11:35 PM

To clarify further, the message "Display Driver NVIDIA windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 185.93 Stopped responding and has successfuly recovered" Happens once or twice a day. The screen goes black and then flickers back on often with artifacts during the recovery process. The problem of shutting down the user interface (mouse and keyboard) happens an additional once or twice a day. I am assuming both are manifestations of the same problem. In one case the graphics card recovers in the other case it doesn't and I lose the interface and have to shut down.
a b Î Nvidia
a c 141 U Graphics card
November 18, 2011 12:55:37 AM

have you tried clean driver install? btw are you still using driver version 185.93? the latest one is 285.79 for beta driver and 285.39 for WHQL. you can get the latest driver straight from nvidia website. did you overclock your card? unstable clock also leads to card failed to work properly. what is your card model?
a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2011 1:01:30 AM

What card are you using?

Download MSI Afterburner to monitor the temps and make sure it's not overheating.
November 18, 2011 1:46:27 AM

renz496 said:
have you tried clean driver install? btw are you still using driver version 185.93? the latest one is 285.79 for beta driver and 285.39 for WHQL. you can get the latest driver straight from nvidia website. did you overclock your card? unstable clock also leads to card failed to work properly. what is your card model?

Thanks for your help. My graphics card is an INVIDA GeForce 6150 LE. I have downloaded the 285 driver as you suggested. How would I determine if I have over-clocked my card? I have made no changes to card parameters.
a b Î Nvidia
a c 141 U Graphics card
November 18, 2011 4:05:06 AM

Quote:
My graphics card is an INVIDA GeForce 6150 LE

you got integrated graphic. i think you IGP should work at it's stock setting. the easiest way to check any gpu info is using gpu-z. have you tried the latest driver?
November 18, 2011 4:44:45 AM

I am using the new driver now. So far so good. I haven't changed any settings except for resolution.
!