Did I just messed my desktop?

shuin_exe

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
Heres the story:

I'm surfing the net and my desktop suddenly shuts down, I dont know why buy I power it on again and I can hear the fans of my desktop are spinning but it BIOS dont appear.

I opened my Desktop and saw that CPU fan is not running, I tried clean it but no luck.

Tried to fix some wiring on the cpu fan because it might be there the problem but no luck.

Then I tried to pull the cpu fan out of and tried to power on my desktop, the bios appeared and the cpu fan is spinning (after I saw the first page of bios I turned it off)

I put back the Cpu fan, and tried to fix some 'messed' cables....

after some tweaks about the cables on my desktop I finally got it on again.

I dont really know how'd I fixed it but it seems the wiring of my cpu fan is messed or the other parts on my desktop because my desktop's cable are really messed though I have mid-tower cpu case.

I'm sure that the fans of my desktop is not stopping from moving because of these 'messed' cables but I think 'messed' cables on desktop is bad. Do I need to fix this? Does pulling out the CPU fan will coz my processor burn?

Solution

It should work, the difference between the 2700 and the 2700k is internal so the size would be the same. The instructions that come with that cooler are not that great. If you get it watch the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jS0_RkVT44
or others that are available on youtube.

lupinesithlord

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
what fan/ heatsink are you using currently, do you have a large case, you in usa? do you have proper airflow through case (fan removing heat from inside)? is there actual damage to the wires or plug?

Oh I have that case! If the cooler is not broken, all you need to do is clean the processor and heatsink off with at least 70% rubbing alcohol. Then, reapply thermal paste and you should be perfectly fine! Just tell me what your prof pic is :) Mine is just a muffin lol.

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

It should work, the difference between the 2700 and the 2700k is internal so the size would be the same. The instructions that come with that cooler are not that great. If you get it watch the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jS0_RkVT44
or others that are available on youtube.

Solution

shuin_exe

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
yeah I saw this video yesterday AND it was really coincidence when I looked at my amazon... I saw this product...

My friend recommend this so I think I will buy it when I receive my pay for this month...

TRENDING THREADS