Audio lag for 2 secs

highflyer9

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
my system configuration is asus m4a78lt-m le motherboard.
amd athlon ii x3 445 processor.4 gb ram.500 gb harddisk.

I have been facing prob with audio.It lags for 2 secs.When i start my pc audio works fine.As the time goes on ,say for 30 mins that audio starts lags.Initially for millisec to a peak of 2 secs.

Can you please help me in solving this prob.

Thank You

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
1) Make all drivers and BIOS are the latest.

2) Defrag your hard drive

3) Remove any unnecessary background applications and services you may have installed. This includes any codec packs.

You will need to chase this down systematically. If the system was working fine initially and now doesn't, you need to retrace what you have instralled since that could be interfering. Check task manager at the time you get the delays and see if anything is hogging the system. Check Event Viewer also. If you cannot find anything, this it might be wise to resinstall the OS and start again. Or, if you've got a spare HDD, install a fresh OS on it. Just keep software to a bare minimum and see if the audio still has issue.

-Raja

highflyer9

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
This is the fresh os.I am using VIA Audio Driver V6.0.1.9500..when i start windows audio will run fine.after 30 mins audio starts lagging in everything,like videos and games.